What's new
What's new

Washing out machine

Timeliner

Plastic
inWe have a brand new LB3000EX MYW and we were trying to come up with a way to use the coolant system to wash out the machine. I was thinking of tapping into the coolant system and put in a T with a butterfly valve and I assume you would have to bypass the interlock that shuts the coolant off when the doors are open but Im not sure how you would do that. Any suggestions?

I don't believe anyone here is going to help you bypass the door override.

However you could wire in a extra switch to the contactor that runs the coolant pump. This would make it run regardless of what the control says.

In the "MC USER PARAMETER (Airblow/Coolant)" there will be a checkbox to make the door IL ineffective so you can have the coolant on with the door open. Don't blame me if you get soaked on occasion! :D

I would suggest you contact the distributor or Okuma Service and ask them. If it is a "Brand" new machine then you adding an extra switch ot bypassing anything may void your warranty. I would bet they have a solution for you as I have seen machines where they use a garden hose.
Good luck. Rich

The tech from the distributor was the one who said that is what he has seen other shops do. but thanks for warning me before i went and did that. ill check with the actual salesman or the app guys and see what we can do.

A few of our machines have similar setups. I reccomend you use something better than garden hose. Depending on what type of coolant you have.....you can end up with the hose deteriorating on you and it just becomes a pain in the ass.

Back