What's new
What's new

Attn motion guru, S7 questions.

Miguels244

Diamond
Hi,
I’m just starting a look at an installed system.
S7-300
Profibus HMI comms...end to end, no branches, no obvious field io.
They are hoping to open the system to their factory database.
They seem to have a solid db department so I won’t have to beat that up too.

Any serious ball busters I should be aware of.

What kind of budget should I look at for software?

How is Seimans application assistance?

Thanks.

Ya....and you would think that when the leftist comes out from under the rock, would simply "Private Mail" the question....:nutter:

"No One else is allowed to post here"....:toetap:
How about you leave politics in the porto.
MG is a known expert on that platform.
If he has time to respond it might save someone else time and pain too.

How about you leave politics in the porto.
MG is a known expert on that platform.
If he has time to respond it might save someone else time and pain too.
Your the one that shoved YOUR political Views on everyone ELSE.
And now your complaining ? Deal with it.

FWIW It's called "PM on PM"

That's "Private Mail" on "Practical Machinist"

Maybe you need some schooling ?

The S7-300 is already old school, but easily mined for data. A lot depends on what database variant the plant is hoping to feed, and perhaps even what overriding MRP/ERP/PM system they are using the data in. Your local Siemens Factory Automation distributor is your best best for support.

Contrary to assumptions, this is not an area where I have a lot of experience, but I have a crew of engineers who do. I focus on drives and motion, S7+15nn, Simotion, Sinumerik variants running Sinamics drives.

Milland has it right, we are slammed with getting things back up and running in a completely new facility. I never dreamed I would spend close to $10k and nearly 6 weeks on something as mundane as permits for pallet racking and paint booth installation.

Milland has it right, we are slammed with getting things back up and running in a completely new facility. I never dreamed I would spend close to $10k and nearly 6 weeks on something as mundane as permits for pallet racking and paint booth installation.

Holy Carp, I've never had to get permits for racking. I guess WA is much more seismically active, out here in NH we take our relatively stable geologicals for granite...

Thanks, I’ll call them.
Good luck with your build.
Permits won’t mean a thing when the Cascadia breaks loose, but maybe if something smaller hits it could save a life.

Back