Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_O View Post
    I hear you. Most people use them with one UR robot and have a couple actuators that move with the robot between machines when needed so they don't need to buy them for each mill or vise setup. The rotary vane idea would be good for reducing the number of internal parts. Might tricky to get the seals to hold up at the bore seams? I'd be curious to see what seal design Festo's using to deal with that.
    I see this trending... ur robots and expensive vise solutions. Whole bunch of people with more money than brains if you ask me.... The fanucmate robots are nearly half the price, more accurate and like 5x the speed. I just dont get the cobot stuff...you buy those things to make money, not move like a mental patient on Thorazine.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Haha, I think the cobot thing is mainly about ease of programming and teaching as well as no guarding. The industrials are way faster and a bit more accurate, just depends how many parts you're running and how often it's getting changed over. I run an Epson robot on our mill and it's great but a little light on payload and needs additional safety stuff which is more of a hassle. It also takes longer to reprogram and teach. But, the jobs we run it on are higher volume and it works well for that.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you setup a fanuc robot with their pendant? It's a piece of cake to teach. Id rather program and teach a fanucmate than the haas mills.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seen them at Automate but didn't have a chance to try the demo. Sounds like they're worth looking at. You have one on one of your mills?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have 4 haas dm2's each with a fanucmate 200id.

Point of this thread was to semi automate vise clamping for the other machines. Like we are getting ready to buy a robodrill with a pallet changer and I'd like to outfit it with chick vises but pneumatic control them.