What's new
What's new

Buying our first robot

Gobo

Titanium
We are buying an UR 10. The tech is arriving today and we will get the process started. We will be using it for machine loading/unloading. I'm pretty excited,:drool5: and want to get rolling. I will be posting as to how it all works out.

We are buying an UR 10. The tech is arriving today and we will get the process started. We will be using it for machine loading/unloading. I'm pretty excited,:drool5: and want to get rolling. I will be posting as to how it all works out.

We just started this process as well! currently awaiting approval on our credit check but are already planning out how to best utilize this thing. Keep us updated! it will be interesting to see how others use this arm as well!

So people started using this method since last year... Getting to know this now... Good one

Ready Robotics makes a pretty cool system for machine tending. And I think they rent them on a monthly basis.

We could not force ourselves to wait for the integrator to show up this morning. So we started it up without him. We had our first simple pick and place program written in about 45 minutes. Had to hit the e-stop only once. At this point, it seems very easy to use. We purposely bumped it while in motion, it stops very quickly and restarts with the push of one button. More to come.

We could not force ourselves to wait for the integrator to show up this morning. So we started it up without him. We had our first simple pick and place program written in about 45 minutes. Had to hit the e-stop only once. At this point, it seems very easy to use. We purposely bumped it while in motion, it stops very quickly and restarts with the push of one button. More to come.

New toys are fun.

If you keep posting without pictures or video, I'm going to hire a midget to come up there and punch you in the balls.

:)

Definitely keep us posted, we're scheduled to receive ours on Monday and are hoping we can make good use of this right away. Never heard anything from our tech about an online course available? How did you come across that?

Never heard anything from our tech about an online course available? How did you come across that?

I was on the UR website and saw reference to it. I believe they call it the " UR Academy".If I remember correctly, the course has 9 modules covering quite a bit about programming and set ups. I definitely recommend that you go through it, you will have a really good handle on things when your robot arrives. Depending on the students abilities, you could run through it in a couple of hours. It is free, and you get a really cool certificate once you pass!:cool:

I was on the UR website and saw reference to it. I believe they call it the " UR Academy".If I remember correctly, the course has 9 modules covering quite a bit about programming and set ups. I definitely recommend that you go through it, you will have a really good handle on things when your robot arrives. Depending on the students abilities, you could run through it in a couple of hours. It is free, and you get a really cool certificate once you pass!:cool:

Will definitely take a look at it today, our tech just started setting up yesterday. What machine do you plan on utilizing yours on?

Will definitely take a look at it today, our tech just started setting up yesterday. What machine do you plan on utilizing yours on?
Just to get familiar with it, we are going to set it up to wash and stack parts that are being produced on a machining center. There are four different parts, between 3 and 4 inches in diameter, from 2 to 6 inches long. We realize that we are not making any money with it in that way, but neither are we interrupting production during the learning process. I still have not posted pics, just got to do it. The UR10 is fairly large, they demoed the smallest unit-that was tiny.

Back