What's new
What's new

Can someone give me the sprocket designation for this timming belt?

i_r_machinist

Titanium
I'm retrofitting a bed mill and need new drive sprockets for the servos. I ordered some sprocket stock from a shop, but it came in with the wrong tooth form. So... what 28 tooth sprocket form do I need to fit a Bondo STS S8M belt?
Thanks in advance
i_r_
Capture.JPG

I'm retrofitting a bed mill and need new drive sprockets for the servos. I ordered some sprocket stock from a shop, but it came in with the wrong tooth form. So... what 28 tooth sprocket form do I need to fit a Bondo STS S8M belt?
Thanks in advance
i_r_
View attachment 281606

If somebody doesn't have the specs why not send the belt to the vendor of sprocket stock to match up?

I had wrongly ASSUMED that if I gave a shop that specializes in sprocket cutting a picture of the belt markings, they would be able to give me the correct pulley. If all else fails, I will, but maybe AutomationGuru will chime in.
Thanks
i_r_

I had wrongly ASSUMED that if I gave a shop that specializes in sprocket cutting a picture of the belt markings, they would be able to give me the correct pulley. If all else fails, I will, but maybe AutomationGuru will chime in.
Thanks
i_r_

I am not surprised at any level of incompetence any more. A couple months ago I got back to back fouled up orders from McMaster Carr, when I had none in the previous 25 years. Somebody shipped .368 ground O-1 instead of .386. On the replacement order they shipped bent stock.

Back