What's new
What's new

cool vid of Porsche Taycan assembly line

cyanidekid

Titanium
this is a nice video of the new Porsche Taycan factory complex, just kinda insane how clean it is, I think Tesla has some competition now! wonder what Tesla's looks like.. thankfully devoid of stupid music.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v-A_cV4D2EX80[/video]

sorry, looks like a bad link, let me try again..

Most all new assembly plants are "white glove" clean but heck all they do is assembly so that's easy.
The new motor and driveline plants are much the same and here you are making chips.
The days of the dirty old auto plant are going away fast.
Compare now to 30-40 years back and it is crazy different. It is no longer a dirty job and more like a semi-conductor clean room.
If you work in a conventional machine shop and get a chance to tour one of these newer plants do it. We have come so far.
Bob

I'm always amazed at the lack of safety gear forced upon the workers in these European factories. If that place was in the USA you couldn't get withing 5 miles of it without a bump cap, safety glasses, long sleeves, fire resistant clothing, steel toed shoes, and at least two condoms.

I'm always amazed at the lack of safety gear forced upon the workers in these European factories. If that place was in the USA you couldn't get withing 5 miles of it without a bump cap, safety glasses, long sleeves, fire resistant clothing, steel toed shoes, and at least two condoms.

They don't have the sue the shit out of everybody attitude for every scratch they have here.

The sophisticated infrastructure just to put all the car stuff together is mind blowing. Somewhere in that factory is a rack of PLC's the size of a Greyhound bus and a huge room full of programmers.

Stuart

I usta help build automated welders for car/truck bodies,
before robots, dedicated slides with welding tips everywhere, i remember the first "robot"that was brought in to this shop, we laughed an made fun of it,"they got us back, eh? the bots in my mind are just more automation, better than slides for sure.
It was interesting to see the uni strut type tubing used for the hand, now called a end defector?Thanks for sharing.
Gw

how to you have a "turbo" electric car? I've always been a Porsche fan, but that just seems stupid.

Turbo is a trim badge, much like GT or Limited.

It's a dumb decision, but Porsche doubled down, and it has a Turbo moniker to denote the higher level trim package.

I don't like it. Nobody I know who likes cars likes it. But they did it so...:eek:

Turbo is a trim badge, much like GT or Limited.

It's a dumb decision, but Porsche doubled down, and it has a Turbo moniker to denote the higher level trim package.

I don't like it. Nobody I know who likes cars likes it. But they did it so...:eek:

they say they have 30,000 advance orders- so SOMEBODY doesnt care what its called.
And its performance is better than about 90% of the real Turbo Porsches ever made.
Fully optioned, its around $250,000 PLUS tax and license.
If I see one on the street around here, thats probably pushing $300k.

Back