What's new
What's new

drill motors

DanielG

Stainless
I may be building a machine that needs to drill and countersink a hole (for a 3/8 bolt through 1/4" A36) among other things. To keep things simple and (relatively) inexpensive, I'm thinking of getting a drill motor, a stubby drill/countersink cutter, and putting it on a PLC controlled slide. This machine will probably drill about 10,000 holes in its life.

I've seen the Milwaukee 4253-1 drill motor, which looks like it would do the trick. CS Unitec also makes one.

Has anyone done this and used these or other brands and have some reviews?

Thanks,
Daniel

Hypeumat (jeesh is that name screwed up...) is Snow when they mount it on their
own base and add the wiring.
Used Machinery & Industrial Equipment | HGR Industrial Surplus

remove the tapping head, and swap in a drill chuck. (or find a snow drill)
BX8273: SNOW #DR-1-5 TAPPING & DRILLING MACHINE - McKean Machinery Sales, Inc

Note depth control box on the front ?

this purpose made snow drill has an add on peck cycle box right in front, called the woodpecker.

but I don't think you'd need that for your job.

I have to agree with drilling small and reaming. You can get a drill to drill very close to size if sharpened correctly. I have seen brand new drill not sharpened correctly. Less likely to be incorrect with quality drills.

I have to agree with drilling small and reaming. You can get a drill to drill very close to size if sharpened correctly. I have seen brand new drill not sharpened correctly. Less likely to be incorrect with quality drills.

Okay, just what does that mean?? :confused:

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

How much air doo these use ?
The ones I've been around are kinda needy. I don't have numbers to back that up, but you won't be using a little compressor if you're drilling lots of holes quickly

Back