Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maine
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by motion guru View Post
    Well . . . the maker of this product will not sell it to us for use on an existing craneway power track system - we must purchase all new which is a non-starter for this application where we are adding automation to an existing set of cranes. Back to the drawing board.
    That's very weird. They specifically say it can be used on existing systems.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got the impression that this was a very new product for them and they were trying to control the environment it would be deployed in. Requires 3-phase line filters on lines that look like this . . .

Utility -> Filter -> Ethernet transceiver - - - - - - - - - busway - - - - - - - Ethernet transceiver -> Filter -> Crane drives

Also looked at the SICK laser Ethernet transceivers . . . $20k for 4 cranes worth of Ethernet/IP communications links.

Optical data transmission | ISD400 | SICK

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maine
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by motion guru View Post
    I got the impression that this was a very new product for them and they were trying to control the environment it would be deployed in. Requires 3-phase line filters on lines that look like this . . .

Utility -> Filter -> Ethernet transceiver - - - - - - - - - busway - - - - - - - Ethernet transceiver -> Filter -> Crane drives

Also looked at the SICK laser Ethernet transceivers . . . $20k for 4 cranes worth of Ethernet/IP communications links.

Optical data transmission | ISD400 | SICK
    SICK makes very nice equipment. I've always had good luck with it. I think you're right about it being a new product. I checked the ordering portal and don't see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DanielG View Post
    SICK makes very nice equipment. I've always had good luck with it. I think you're right about it being a new product. I checked the ordering portal and don't see it.
    Same here. We use their coriolis meters quite frequently in the gas patch.