What's new
What's new

Fanuc Arcmate, Axis 4 5 6 brake drooping, no brake control?

FanucLincoln

Plastic
We have 2 Fanuc Arcmate 100i robots. I set the first one up and it's welding for us already. The second one I noticed the axis 4 5 6 ​just release when I let go of deadman.

I can move them by hand when the deadman is released. I tried moving axis 1 and it could be moved by hand as well.

I'm thinking:

A) The brake control or some other settings have been altered (maybe they did this for transportation?)
B) Motors' brake controls are slippping

I'm confused why all of these axis are this way. Kind of hard to believe they all are getting bad at the same time. Is there a way to check if the brake control is 'active' when I let go of deadman?

I know there are 2 axis brake robots and 6 axis brake robots, but I believe these Arcmate 100i's are 6 axis, because we have another arcmate 100i that doesn't do this.

I know of the variable $MOR.$brk_status to show the status, but it only shows 0 if deadman is off, and 1 if deadman is pressed, which is what the other robot shows too.

Any variables or ways to test the brake control?

Update for whoever might need it in the future: Turns out this robot has only 2 axis that have brake controls on them.

So basically here is what it is, these are the part/model #'s of the robots:

6 axis brakes: A05B-1210-B601
2 axis brakes: A05B-1210-B201

The 3rd number from the right I'm guessing signifies how much brake controls there are.

Back