Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That video reminds me of this poster:

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by appliedproto View Post
    Looks like they got some DMG cells. That's interesting.
    Yes, DMG is a big Fanuc customer. They use machines from there customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Despair.com...I love it. Got to get one of those posters

Perry Harrington,
    Grand Mesa....close... just down the side a bit. Heres the back way in..
    The wild wild west...its so mean out here even our roads are tough
    Last edited by Alum chips; 05-06-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: good one

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vmcman View Post
    Yes, DMG is a big Fanuc customer. They use machines from there customers.
    I guess Fanuc didn't take offense to DMG's using Heidenhains on their machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    That and just the myriad of customer machine tool builders already in Japan that use Fanuc as well. Sort of seems weird to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well you can get a DMG with Fanuc Controller but it's horrible.

Yes, DMG is a big Fanuc customer
    and Fanuc is a big Heidenhain customer..or used to be back when Heidenhain gave up USA in order to sell encoders to Fanuc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like they've also got a huge Mazak FH6800 Palletech system with about 7 machines and who knows how many pallets.They've got a little bit of everything:

This must be one AMAZING place:

http://www.fanuc.co.jp/en/profile/pr...n/factory1.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alum chips View Post
    Opps sorry about that...let me narrow it down a bit.
    27.5 Miles from nearest traffic light,
    7000+ altitude (air so thin that it affects rational thought)
    On the side of the largest flat top mountain in the world (nice..so many rocks you cant dig a post hole)
    5 more golden eagles than neighbors within sight
    I am sure there is more but I cant think...thin air...
    Gary
    Let me narrow it down for you...put your location or you're out of here. If USA your state would do...or if particularly parnoid, even "mid west USA, south USA, etc." better than nothing.

And while on this subject, Joe788, "Westside" is meaningless.... could you please add more to make it meaningfull ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow... I though we were having a little fun and exchanging ideas here. Turns out you want to be the school yard bully.
    I wonder would you have what it takes to say that to my face? Yea probably not...but that’s ok its your yard you can do what you want. But really I would like to think that I contributed, and did so in a respectful manner. No name calling or talking down to any of the members.

I am sure you don’t have what it takes to keep this post up so everyone can make a judgment. But think of it this way, you can use this to keep everyone else in line. “See..this is what happens when you don’t toe the line...you are out of here”

It would be a great deterrent to all of the trouble makers. But just in case I have sent copies to a “few” members, just for kicks...

So I hate it, as I have never been booted off anything before. And I love machine tools and talking about them........but do your worst.... tough guy
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alum chips View Post
    Wow... I though we were having a little fun and exchanging ideas here. Turns out you want to be the school yard bully.
    I wonder would you have what it takes to say that to my face? Yea probably not...but that’s ok its your yard you can do what you want. But really I would like to think that I contributed, and did so in a respectful manner. No name calling or talking down to any of the members.

I am sure you don’t have what it takes to keep this post up so everyone can make a judgment. But think of it this way, you can use this to keep everyone else in line. “See..this is what happens when you don’t toe the line...you are out of here”

It would be a great deterrent to all of the trouble makers. But just in case I have sent copies to a “few” members, just for kicks...

So I hate it, as I have never been booted off anything before. And I love machine tools and talking about them........but do your worst.... tough guy
    Gary
    All I ask of members is you give some basic info like general location. I asked nicely and you refused. So now I demand and you still refuse. Who is the asshole here ?

It's as if you are at my house, I ask you to wipe your shoes before entering...and you refuse. Not like I'm asking you to wash the dishes or take out the trash...just wipe your feet. If that is being a "bully" in your mind, you have a very strange concept of the term.

Re "saying to your face, you wouldn't..blah, blah."...that always amuses me when folks type that, because it's probably true...but not due to "fear" or anything, but rather this medium provides a means to express exactly what you think and calmly say it. Face to face one is more cautious as there is simply less time to gather thoughts together properly. I doubt you would have said face to face the response you just typed in real life either...so what ?

Re keeping the post up, that's up to the moderator.

Now are you going to play the "I'm so tough, you can't make me do anything I don't want to do" childish BS, or are you going to comply with my one little easy as pie to do request ?

And Joe on the Westside of America..thanks. (course you could be in Chile or Peru.. so still not completely clear.. )

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I'm in the Eldad Enclave outside of Trenton if anyone cares. But if you're fixin to come on over bring the Beer and Brats (Imported like Dab or Warsteiner and Johnsonville). And don't forget ya might get put to work. If ya have one bring your Telescope so we can look at the stars and enjoy the cool Tennessee skies. If you don't have one no problem I have a few (telescopes).

I do see the value in putting a location in the box as some responses can have a different meaning. If I said to Boris "it's a bit of a kit", then those in the US will have to use their imagination as to what the hell I'm talking about.

Then again I live in an area that defines "Redneck" where we have guns in trucks and still have a pair. So sometimes I offend those that may be in a bleeding heart liberal area or a country that has conspired to strip their Citizens of weapons. I don't mean anything by it, it's not personal.

I view this forum as extremely informative and you all are like family, we should be able to get along as if we were chatting at the kitchen table or watching a football game (you bring your own chips, I'm not feeding the world). My favorite gripe is the name or "handle" thing. Answering someone with - "Well ChipMakerWithTwoRightThumbs" press this button and then do that and then this" is awkward to say the least.

It is also easy to print something that may be takin the wrong way.

Peace Out

Frank S. in Tennessee

How much do those Robots cost anyhow?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post

And while on this subject, Joe788, "Westside" is meaningless.... could you please add more to make it meaningfull ?
    Maybe he would prefer to have Jonnie Bonkers back, even though we don't know which bridge he lives under.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe788 View Post
    Looks like they've also got a huge Mazak FH6800 Palletech system with about 7 machines and who knows how many pallets.They've got a little bit of everything:

This must be one AMAZING place:

http://www.fanuc.co.jp/en/profile/pr...n/factory1.htm
    As I said they have 30+ of these huge cells. The FMS is not the important part, its the raw casting handling in the back of the machines that is the real killer. They have cells from Matsuura, Mori, Makino, Mazak, DMG, and Yasda, with a few older Hitachi ones laying around. It is truly an awesome place. I am always amazed as every time I go, something is being installed in the machining area.