What's new
What's new

Field Service Techs for Delta Tau Power PMAC

Does anyone work with Delta Tau Power PMAC controls?

I have a Cincinnati 350-20 RK with Delta Tau controls. We don't have anyone to work with these and are looking for someone who does. Seems this is a black box.

Any help would be appreciated!

Best Regards.

We have done a limited amount of Power PMAC work . . . are you using the Power PMAC CNC controller or a more of a custom application that runs on the Power PMAC to run your grinder?

Despite the fact that you are local I'm going to refer you to the above guy on this control package as our best Delta guy aboard.
It is not a "black box". There is no such thing, only people who can not take it apart and understand how it works.

The motion guy, he and his crew.. I think pretty darn good.
Not sure how much he has played with camshaft grinders but he likes new stuff.
I'm so very not sure what you need done.
Bob

I am new to controls and still learning but these are the pictures I was given. Very hard to find people who will work on these.

20180222_174815.jpg

20180222_174933.jpg

20180222_174958.jpg

20180222_175037.jpg

20180222_175059.jpg

Any help/info would be appreciated.

Best Regards.

OK . . . that is not a Power PMAC but rather a PMAC Pack. The Power PMAC is based on a Power PC CPU while the PMAC Pack is based on a Motorola 56000 series DSP.

Next question - do you have the commented source code?

My sense is that the controller is sending a simple +/- 10VDC analog signal to each of the servo drives which are either operating in velocity mode or torque mode.

We probably have upwards of 2500 Axes of this kind of motion in production around the world and have a dozen or so engineers familiar with this platform. Our experience with the Power PMAC is much less which is why I was a bit tentative in my first response.

Last edited:
Seconding Carbide...
Motion, as far as I can tell, heads a world class operation.
Listen to him...hell, if need be hire him.

And for god sake do everything you can to find the source code!

I'm the Service Manager for GCH Global Service. We need service technicians at our plant as well as ones who can travel (mostly in the US and sometimes Mexico) to our customers. We do grinder upgrades as well as rebuilds.

Please PM me, Motion. We can work something out. Are you familiar with the Cincinnati 350-20 RK? A lot of them have PMAC Packs and I don't have any service technicians that will work with them.

Back