What's new
What's new

Greeting new member first post, questions about akribis systems linear stages

I wanted to start by saying I am not a machinist, I am a garage tinkerer with a huge pile of industrial machine parts and manufacturing equipment. I am playing with it basically at this stage, But I have a goal to build a robot that can cut PCB boards and drill the vias and maybe also laser etch at the same time.

I have recently purchased a bunch of brand new akribis systems components. towards that goal, I also got a huge pile of silicon wafer etching stations to scrap parts and controls out of.

Akribis Systems WD-DUAL OPS Dual-Arm Robotic Assembly, w/
DGL 155-DUAL-AUM3-S-S2-K-3.0-410-M1-1500-0.5-N-B-C1 base linear stage,
DGB125-M60-4-B-100-10-N-L vertical linear stage mast,
DGB125-M60-4-B-100-10-N-R vertical linear stage mast,
DGB125-M60-4-B-100-10-N-L horizontal linear stage arm,
DGB125-M60-4-B-100-10-N-R linear stage arm.
Includes:
2ea SGL64D-AUM-S-S4-NH-0.55-200-M1-1500-0.5-S-T-L linear stage w/ GWHI-10-100-EEAP-LAM-00-L interface;
2ea SGL64D-AUM-S-S4-NH-0.55-200-M1-1500-0.5-S-T-R linear stage w/ GWHI-10-100-EEAP-LAM-00-R interface;
1ea WD-DOPS-CB controller;
2ea Elmo G-0B06/230FES02 servo driver;
1ea ;
cables.

I am having a hard time figuring out the akribis stuff, the Elmo motion controllers I was able to start learning the EASII studio but as of now I have this pile of stages and the control box and no idea of how to start. All the parts are brand new wrapped in the factory seals with the engineer burn in reports and wire kits sealed still but no documentation of software was included when I purchased this lot. Can someone point me in the correct location to learn the akribis interface? Also I might be interested in trading this stuff for something more useful that I could start to use now. I really want to teach myself the skills to use these tools on my own time so I can maybe use them later for work., but mostly because I find this sort of application of technology to be the coolest stuff on the planet, I am always amazed at how cool I find manufacturing processes. I guess like some people used to be facinated by trains because the state of the art that they represented at the time. I feel that for robitics and machines. Anyways I know this is really a place for professional and their professional problems and solutions and I am not really going to be able to contribute much knowledge in that regard I am here to learn but maybe something I am knowledgeable about will come up and I can help someone. I hope to learn from you folks. Thank you

Hi.
How is your tinkering going?
Are you gonna sell any of the equipment?
Is the z axis a linear motor? How does it counterbalance?
Do you know what's inside the WD-DOPS-CB controller?
Regards Kristian

Back