What's new
What's new

kawasaki D+ welding robot

We have a product that we have welded for about 8 years. Every once in a while we have to adjust the points.
We are mig welding very thin stainless sheet
I have been adjusting them over the years. Seems like I have to relearn how to use that pendant then it comes back to me
We have not had to adjust the points now for over a year and a half at that time I taught some of the operators how to adjust.
Well we all have forgot really how to use the pendant. We were able to adjust the points we wanted to but we can not get it to run
around that area slowly to make sure we did not make a mistake.
The area we are adjusting is a small 5/8 tube going around it with a fillet weld (mig) When we try to go around it in teach mode it want
to go to fast and the machine errors saying its to fast. We have the teach and check icons
lowered but still doesn't work. We have a couple of people going for training in a few weeks up to Kawasaki but need to get this going again
in the mean time.

"Joint overspeed error" ?

That is telling you there is an issue with the path, usually. This normally occurs when Joint 5 is having to traverse too close to or past 0 degrees in linear interpolation, but I've had it in other situations also.

If you wish to do a save all to the PCMCIA card and then send me the .AS file I can load it in the simulation software and see if there is anything that pops out as being out of whack. I'll need to know the robot model (example FS05E)

On my Abb and Fanuc welding robots the welding speed is different to the programmed motion velocity so when you step through the program it moves at the programmed velocity but when you run the program it moves at weld speed.
So set the velocity slow for small moves and faster for long straight moves, makes your setting up easier.

It could also be that the joint and tip velocity are / should be limited in manual and teach mode for safety reasons. This can be a problem when testing welding programs as you may need to be in auto mode to get the correct welding speed.

Bernard

Back