What's new
What's new

LNS Bar Feeder

David.Kemmer

Plastic
Hey all,

We have a LNS Quick Load Servo S3 feeder attached to a mid-2000's Mori Seiki NL2500. We run same-length chrome shafts that vary from 2-4' on the feeder. The finished part exits through the back of the lathe on a conveyor style part extractor; the bar feeder pushes the finished part onto the conveyor as the new bar is loaded. Long story short, the turret was crashed into said extractor and now we cannot run this setup automatically. Does anyone know of a way to run the lathe and bar feeder in a semi-automatic fashion? For example, I would like the feeder to load the next part still, but I need to be able to open the door to pull the finished part out by hand before the next bar is fed. The problem thus far is the bar feeder alarms out when I open the door. Also, I believe there's an issue with the feeder won't push the next bar if the chuck is left unclamped? Anyone know of any parameters/setting I can manipulate to accomplish a semi-automatic production run? Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave K.

Back