What's new
What's new

Looking for feedback on OB7 cobot or ProCobots

aokun

Plastic
I am hoping someone could provide feedback on either Productive Robotics OB7 or systems from ProCobots. We have 6 Hurco VMCs, most 3/4 axis and one 5 axis. Looks like ProCobots has really good integration, in fact I think they are owned by Hurco but I read some negative reviews about universal robots arms that it's based on.

OB7 looks interesting as far as ability to reach in from the side and ability to open/close door with the gripper. That wouldn't be very efficient but not having to put in automatic doors up front would be a plus as this is our first attempt to automate.

The main goal is to automate 2nd/3rd ops to reduce repetitive work for operators, allow longer periods between reloading so that an operator could run more machines and have more time for inspection. We generally run parts in 200-2000pc range. Mostly closer to 200. 99% parts use carrier during 1st op so the robot would have to grip on that.

Appreciate any first hand info before we blow a bunch of cash on a doorstop.

Best,
Alex

I’d automate the doors first, a human operator would appreciate that. Then the robot will be simpler to program and be more efficient too.

Yes, that would be helpful but after some searching it seems like they are about $5k. Not out of question but I would like to get some hands on with the robot before we start automating all doors.

Any kits out there that are less expensive and have all the standard safety features?

Alex

Back