Need Help with a robot arm and Berkely Control Systems BAM-432 Turbo controller
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Need Help with a robot arm and Berkely Control Systems BAM-432 Turbo controller

I picked up an old Intel wafer robot arm. Looks in good shape, but operating condition unknown. Before I remove the original control and put time into a retrofit I hope to see if it would work the way it is.

The controller is a Berkeley Control Systems BAM-432 turbo. As it is packaged, the only connector I can see for communication is an ethernet style connector that is labeled "comm key".

Google says Berkeley Control Systems was bought by Moog in 2008. Looks like they wanted their patents and killed the products/support.

Anyone familiar with this controller? What kind of interface/software do I need to program it?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The only thing I can say about the Berkley BAM controller is that we are really good at ripping them out and replacing them with something else.

I have never had the opportunity to program one, but we have replaced more than a few on paper converting equipment. (Napkin folders).

3. Likes Garwood liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by motion guru View Post
    The only thing I can say about the Berkley BAM controller is that we are really good at ripping them out and replacing them with something else.

I have never had the opportunity to program one, but we have replaced more than a few on paper converting equipment. (Napkin folders).
    That saves me the trouble of figuring the old stuff out then! Thanks.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you want to replace it with something easier to deal with, I have a ton of surplus Delta Tau motion control gear that would be relatively easy to replace it with. This would give you a fairly straight forward platform that is well supported and can do G-Code if you want to set it up for that . . . Or just general motion commands that are easy to set up.