What's new
What's new

Pneumatic control I/O help for UR10e

ButtonPusher

Plastic
Hey everyone. Our shop just bought a new UR10e and I have been tasked to get it up and running loading and unloading a VMC. The robot programming itself is easy enough to figure out but all of the I/O's and pneumatic controls have my head swimming. Can anyone out there throw some pointers my way? A few comments on my goals/setup/struggles;

I plan on using an Air Vise to get up and running.

It is a DMC DM52VL vertical mill with Fanuc controls.

I would like the Robot controller doing most of the controlling with its I/Os, Im not sure how many extra M codes(or how to tell) I have on the CNC.

My goals are to find a way to control the vise, air gun for blowing off chips, and whatever else we end up using(switches, cylinders more vises, etc), in the most simple to use and scale up way.

The solenoid that comes with the kit for the air vise has a "din" style connector, is that something that i can find an adapter for to wire to the robot? Or is there an easier way?

Any pointers would help a great deal!

Thank you

If you're looking to scale up your valve bank for controlling other functions in the future I'd look at the CMV-C2X-4X end plate with CMV-B1L-2A modular valves and CMV-C4X end plate also from Automation Direct. Gives you a clean compact valve bank with one DB25 connection to robot that you can wire directly to UR digital outputs.valvebank.jpg

I've used Festo VTUG valve manifolds in hundreds of robotic applications. If you have a Festo distributor nearby have them explain the options.

If you're looking to scale up your valve bank for controlling other functions in the future I'd look at the CMV-C2X-4X end plate with CMV-B1L-2A modular valves and CMV-C4X end plate also from Automation Direct. Gives you a clean compact valve bank with one DB25 connection to robot that you can wire directly to UR digital outputs.View attachment 266557

This was exactly what I was looking for. I am still trying to make a nice neat solution, and this looks perfect.

I understand the basics now and threw together some solenoids on a manifold and got everything working (a couple air vises, a line for air blast) it was just incredibly frustrating when even the basic terminology on the subject was foreign to me, prior to this my experience with pneumatics was ordering new bulbs for the FLR's(not that I had any clue what they were) when the started pissing out air.

Earlier today one of the solenoid's started exhuasting for way to long each time(like 30 seconds to a few minutes each time). That's a problem for tomorrow though.

Back