What's new
What's new

Robots only?

Is this section only for robots in automation or can I post questions about other items, such as PLC's, design, etc....

Thanks

Jason
It clearly says "and general automation discussions" in the subheading... so yes, PLC to your hearts content... ;)

If I should clarify that better, I'm open to suggestions.... should I add PLC to the heading or subheading....or ?

Just using me as an example, I am a low tech factory, with a machine shop for MRO. I have been using the shop for also building custom equipment. I am at the point now of going forward to automate several of the processes, but I know little to nothing.

Opening this up to questions about all forms of automation would be very beneficial to those who want to learn like me. I have not found an online resource that has this kind of automation knowledge combined with people that acutally have the ability to build it on a factory level. I know you want to keep this site on a professional level and avoid the lighter weight discussions. I don't think you will have too many trying to build a conveyor line to bring beer to the arm chair.

Thank you for all you do to keep this place running.

Jason

A conveyor to bring the beer to the armchair is an expensive proposition. Most MFG's are *very* proud of their conveyor systems (and I have no idea WHY other than they can.......) We use a ton of Flex-Link, Bosch and QC and it's *expensive* for what it is...

A conveyor to bring the beer to the armchair is an expensive proposition. Most MFG's are *very* proud of their conveyor systems (and I have no idea WHY other than they can.......) We use a ton of Flex-Link, Bosch and QC and it's *expensive* for what it is...

isn't tht what a wife is for? cheaper than a robot but less reliable...

I kid:cheers:

That musta been what he was kidd'n about?
WTF.gif

The heading title seems jist fine to me.

I :rolleyes5: when I read this guys question the first time. ;)

-----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back