What's new
What's new

Salvaged Electrical Motor Research

Mrfix71

Plastic
G'Day!

I have a pair of hand tool size electrical motors and gears out of commercial copier machines (unknown brand) and would like to find out what the input is to use them on future fabrication projects. These particular motors came out of unidentified copier accessories like tray sorter attachments or something similar. For these and future salvage projects, how is the easiest way to find out what "drives" motors such as these, their speed, and maybe power? I have the circuit boards that the motors connect to but cannot see any useful info on them. In the past, having model info or needed info being visible made the difference on keeping or throwing way.

In this instance, the motors are about 1.5" wide and 3" long. Googling the numbers marked on the side of the motors have not been helpful: 20G0838 / CJXL then 3657-0128-2136-39

The Plastic tray does not have a brand or model number anywhere that I can see.

just start putting power to them till they spin, If they are steppers or brushless... well you could sipher out the drive off the board. If they melt in a blaze of glory do not cook marshmallows over the fire.

G'Day!

I have a pair of hand tool size electrical motors and gears out of commercial copier machines (unknown brand) and would like to find out what the input is to use them on future fabrication projects. These particular motors came out of unidentified copier accessories like tray sorter attachments or something similar. For these and future salvage projects, how is the easiest way to find out what "drives" motors such as these, their speed, and maybe power? I have the circuit boards that the motors connect to but cannot see any useful info on them. In the past, having model info or needed info being visible made the difference on keeping or throwing way.

In this instance, the motors are about 1.5" wide and 3" long. Googling the numbers marked on the side of the motors have not been helpful: 20G0838 / CJXL then 3657-0128-2136-39

The Plastic tray does not have a brand or model number anywhere that I can see.

WTF would you build anything with a salvage unknown motor??? So you have built something around this motor and it fails then what?, go find another copier that might have the same motor to salvage? Grainger has thousands of motors to choose from, just buy one and be done with it.

WTF would you build anything with a salvage unknown motor??? So you have built something around this motor and it fails then what?, go find another copier that might have the same motor to salvage? Grainger has thousands of motors to choose from, just buy one and be done with it.
Hey now !
Don't bring "practicality" into the design/conversation.....

Back