What's new
What's new

Saw that feeds a robot?

CNCrobo

Plastic
So I posted the general idea that we had a little while back in the general tab... Before I saw there was a robot section lol. So we have a cobot currently that feeds a vertical mill via a 'matrix'. Basically I stack parts on a table with a coordinate system that you teach the robot. Yes this lets the robot run for 18+ hours but we handle the parts way too many times between the saw, stacking, deburring etc. I acquired a pneumatic conveyor that I hooked up to an actuator and photoelectric sensor that delivers the part to the robot perfectly every time. NOW, I need to figure out how to get the saw integrated. What we need is a saw that can auto feed multiple bars without inputting length of stock etc as well as cutting ONE piece at a time when signaled, then dropping onto conveyor. That seems to be the hardest part. Tiger stop visited us and explained that we would need to override their software with our own plc to make this happen... Is this the only option or does anyone know of a saw that can feed once signaled like this? Hope this was clear and if not I can answer questions. Thanks in advance!

What are the shapes and sizes of your bars? If they're round, square, or hex, and can fit in a lathe, then perhaps a barfed lathe dedicated to chopping bars might work.

With a saw, you're still going to run into issues with burrs, chips, and oil, even if you can get individual blanks cut on demand.

TigerStop is simple, not sure about their infeed bunks... They are not known for industrial use conveyors. The push stop rocks, conveyors/rolls not so much. The next go to is going to be slower on the feed, and way overbuilt, and that would be Controlled Automation SMS with infeed and auto outfeed. That would be solid, and cost a solid too. In the middle ground would be Chuck, aka Home Page
If you are somehow opposed to tigerstop, make your own? It would be a project depending on saw, programming it would not be bad, you could even go lite bus ie eithercat style and run a separate plc for saw, stop, and infeed. A cold saw is easiest because they are overly forgiving on feed and clamping, and you can get a semi-auto off the shelf.

Back