What's new
What's new

single-phase enclosure-mounted disconnect

Got to be able to LOTO it somehow eh ?

That one shown in the link looks like you could simply unbolt the 3rd leg.

They do LOTO and lock the cabinet shut when the power switch is on.

The three-phase version works okay, you just ignore 2 of the 3 legs. I'd just like something more compact.

Even with single phase you almost certainly need/want/are-required-to break both legs. So ignore 1 of the 3 legs in the disconnect, not 2 of the three.

They do LOTO and lock the cabinet shut when the power switch is on.

The three-phase version works okay, you just ignore 2 of the 3 legs. I'd just like something more compact.

Yes, I knew that (you wanted smaller) hence my "see if the switch is modular and you can remove 1 pole" comment.

A din rail contactor may work in small space.

What are the load and power requirements?

Must it be a certified motor disconnect or can a suitable sized contactor that meets the load requirements work?

We stripped a motor control box and the contractors were not overly large.

On another note, we used a manual 3 phase for connect for the BP, single phase 240 vac in, that used 2 legs, we used third for the 120 vac control and support equipment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Check with Keyence? They were just here demoing all their safety stuff. Granted, everything they showed us was door interlocks, light curtains, etc, but maybe they have something that fits the bill?

If you come up with a manufacturer and part number, please post what you've found. I'm in a similar situation and have been using a 3-phase disconnect.

Back