What's new
What's new

Used robot startup

GiroDyno

Cast Iron
We just purchased a CNC lathe that had been set up for automated production, they offered to sell us the whole cell for a significant discount so we obliged and now have a new Fanuc LR 200i robot. This is the first robot in the shop and nobody has any experience running them, very excited to get started but also not sure where to begin.

Is it a good idea to restore the robot control to factory settings? Sometimes its easier to start with a clean slate like if the robot was running with certain I/O could it cause the robot to malfunction now that those components are no longer connected? But I'm also not sure if there may be additional software or parameters that we wouldn't want to wipe clean.

At the moment there is an estop alarm on the control that wont go away but neither the pendant or control box estops are engaged. Could this be a phantom signal from some external estop in the old cell?

We just purchased a CNC lathe that had been set up for automated production, they offered to sell us the whole cell for a significant discount so we obliged and now have a new Fanuc LR 200i robot. This is the first robot in the shop and nobody has any experience running them, very excited to get started but also not sure where to begin.

Is it a good idea to restore the robot control to factory settings? Sometimes its easier to start with a clean slate like if the robot was running with certain I/O could it cause the robot to malfunction now that those components are no longer connected? But I'm also not sure if there may be additional software or parameters that we wouldn't want to wipe clean.

At the moment there is an estop alarm on the control that wont go away but neither the pendant or control box estops are engaged. Could this be a phantom signal from some external estop in the old cell?
I would not reset everything, since the cell was up and running.
You are seeing an estop alarm because something in the safety circuit is not hooked up. The cell probably had light curtains, a safety mat, or an area scanner that kept operators out of the work area.
Now it’s not there, so the robot is in e -stop mode.
What controller does it have? RJ 2, RJ 3?

Back