What's new
What's new

Welder feeds wire in reverse (Power wave 455m)

FanucLincoln

Plastic
Hi I have a fanuc arcmate 100i with r-j2 controller. I just set it up, for some reason the welder wasn’t giving any output when welding from a program it just said zero volts (power wave 450).

We had a Powerwave 455m in the shop so I quickly changed the welders and a strange thing is happening, now the wire feed is in reverse. On the teach pendant when I press wire + then the wire retracts, and vice versus for wire -. When running a welding program if there is enough wire at the start of the program then it’ll arc but the problem is that the wire retracts instead of feeding so it quickly stops.

Another odd thing is the wire feeder (Synergic 7) is louder now with this new welder. Any ideas what this is? I don’t think I wired the wire feeder motor in reverse because you can’t really do that with the cable connections that only plug in one way. Plus when I had the old welder on, the wire + and wire - worked as they should. Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve never heard of that, how is this done? I simply changed the connected cable from old welder onto the new one. I didn’t do any new wiring.

I don't know, but I doo know some wire feeders have a retract
button or remote connection.

Back