What's new
What's new

What is Robotic Process Automation?

davefollmer

Plastic
Hi,

There are three words in RPA: “Robotic,” “Process,” and “Automation”, which refer to Automation testing processes run by Robots or bots. In broader terms, Robotic in the process will mimic the action of the users to enter data, follow a series of repetitive cases by observing and adapting right according to the environment and input provided by the users. It is an intelligent domain that requires vast programming knowledge and consistency.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
What is Robotic Process Automation? - Forums - CNET
Bitcoin Animation Explainer

Thanks!

10 million dollar smart robot with high maintenance costs or just pay a human. humans make mistakes, machines malfunction . never saw machine malfunction?? i have hundreds if not thousands of times. old cnc with old computer boards and dirty sensors a lot can malfunction and does malfunction everyday.
just saying sometimes human workers are cheaper than robots at the end of the year adding up total costs

robot part loader

robot part loaders are becoming popular. you wheel in special trolley or cart that goes into CNC with raw parts. you wheel out 2nd trolley with finished parts.
trolley can hold many parts often takes 2 hours or more to machine all the parts. then 1 human can put part trolleys in and out of many cnc

Capacity

Roll in and attach mystery cart number 1 them remove and install mystery cart number 2 . You are automated right? I do not mean to be silly yet from where we are now to where we want to be in Automation assuming it can be done and done so in a profitable way. It is amazing to watch videos of canneries doing the work of canning. It is automation tailored to the function of that process so it suits itself to some good automation.

One part to make one will will always look at the complexity as sometimes one can do that part manually eliminating expensive programming time and freeing up CNC for the things CNC does best.

Humans and machines for automation are both resources. I think Gobo is tasked with a big challenge and he is very much up to the task yet I do not feel Automation is a easy thing to even first conceive. I was very impressed to watch a video on that robot arm and it is really cool. Now I understand better where automation may work and can work. Plus Gobo you have a employer who supports you and can cover the costs. That is a giant plus. I just want to see what is done and be amazed. Y’all can let me know is you guys want to give away any of those manual machines. I would put them to work. Plus I would take up welding again and use the skill in my shop when I set it up.

Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a recently created software category. The purpose of RPA is to replicate (or monitor/augment)the actions of a human operating software - sending the keystrokes, clicking the mouse, reading the screen and reacting to its contents. A long time ago, I would describe it as "a software robot", or "an electronic employee" - which is true today of course, but now folks like Gartner etc. have gone an named it. Other terms are screen scraping (note that term is as offensive as discussing unmentionable machines here), scripting (which was always too vague), macro/macro recording(somewhat offensive).

This is the first and only time I'll ever be qualified to answer a question here! The other sub forums I read because I'm a hobbiest. This one I read from a professional perspective because I use many of the same low level software ideas for understanding "the screen" that physical robot machine vision based motion path / collision avoidance uses.
Thom

What is scary is that he is just now realizing this.
Where was he in the 70's early 80's when the whole robot and AI thing got momentum and the lessons got learned?
Oh wait- he was playing in a sandbox.

RPA is a very different thing, no real robots, no hard automation as a machinist would think. It's a software method.
Just as Object Oriented Programming has no real world "objects" it's name for a family of techniques with no connection to real world robots or automation as most would think of the terms.
I'd be hard pressed to call it an "intelligent domain that requires vast programming knowledge".

I have no idea as to why the subject would be asked/posted on this board.
Bob

Doug, for the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, you're overdoing the "Spam" thing. In fact, you're getting to be more annoying than actual spam.

I actually found this subject interesting, and it's in the Robots section. No harm, no foul.

Please refer to the linked other thread.

Unintelligible paragraphs glommed into post's just to drop a bitcoin linky.

The OP is definitely working the "google search optimization"
to it's fullest.

If the "Moderation" around here was on the ball, the OP would have been deleted & banned long ago.

But...because the original (the other) thread still stands to this day (even locking would leave the linky active BTW) The plan has worked, and that's why the spammer has come back yet again.

OK, fair point on the Bitcoin link, I did gloss over that.

But if you're going to keep pushing on this, why not just become a moderator and be able to actually remove the offending stuff without yelling in a new post? It would be a good improvement to the site and we'd save on "SPAM!" commentary.

Back