Where to find list of EN safety guidelines for machines
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Where to find list of EN safety guidelines for machines

I'm trying to make sure some equipment conforms to CE requirements. The document "Guide to application of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC" gives generalities but then says to reference individual "Guides" for details. For example, EN 349 is supposed to give minimum gaps to avoid crushing injuries. Where can I find a comprehensive list of all the EN guides with titles/abstracts/tables of contents so that I can see which are applicable to my machines so that I can purchase copies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

See if any of those numbers cross over to the ISO standards. They seem to have taken over the world on most any standards that used to esist under other bodies and entities today. Ken

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Any reason for CE standards? I've only had domestic requirements of ANSI, OSHA, and ASME standards. For example, a small pneumatic automatic pin press I worked on had ANSI B11.1 cited on the prints that it conformed. I was sent a printed copy with the design, and any build changes had to follow. The standards websites usually have a keyword search but I haven't seen anything definitive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 4GSR View Post
    See if any of those numbers cross over to the ISO standards. They seem to have taken over the world on most any standards that used to esist under other bodies and entities today. Ken
    There are definitely ISO standards that directly cross over to EN but I'm trying to make sure I'm not missing anything. I can't see if they cross over if I don't know what they are. That's why I'm looking for a list of EN guidelines with titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolchanger View Post
    Any reason for CE standards? I've only had domestic requirements of ANSI, OSHA, and ASME standards.
    These machines were originally designed and installed in the US but are going to Europe and must be CE certified.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd check to see if the guidance is located here:

https://2016.export.gov/cemark/eg_main_017277.asp