What's new
What's new

Where to find list of EN safety guidelines for machines

Punkinhead

Cast Iron
I'm trying to make sure some equipment conforms to CE requirements. The document "Guide to application of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC" gives generalities but then says to reference individual "Guides" for details. For example, EN 349 is supposed to give minimum gaps to avoid crushing injuries. Where can I find a comprehensive list of all the EN guides with titles/abstracts/tables of contents so that I can see which are applicable to my machines so that I can purchase copies?

See if any of those numbers cross over to the ISO standards. They seem to have taken over the world on most any standards that used to esist under other bodies and entities today. Ken

Any reason for CE standards? I've only had domestic requirements of ANSI, OSHA, and ASME standards. For example, a small pneumatic automatic pin press I worked on had ANSI B11.1 cited on the prints that it conformed. I was sent a printed copy with the design, and any build changes had to follow. The standards websites usually have a keyword search but I haven't seen anything definitive.

See if any of those numbers cross over to the ISO standards. They seem to have taken over the world on most any standards that used to esist under other bodies and entities today. Ken
There are definitely ISO standards that directly cross over to EN but I'm trying to make sure I'm not missing anything. I can't see if they cross over if I don't know what they are. That's why I'm looking for a list of EN guidelines with titles.

Any reason for CE standards? I've only had domestic requirements of ANSI, OSHA, and ASME standards.
These machines were originally designed and installed in the US but are going to Europe and must be CE certified.

Back