What's new
What's new

1980's vintage Schaublin 102N manual ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Need one. In doing search I see someone from Belgium offering to email a PDF scan for 1990's version, but that was 5 years ago and he hasn't posted since.

I have a 1995 german manual in two parts if that can be of some interest for you. Not sure the copy is complete, and quality could be better.

Still, better than nothing ?

I also have a much better (and probably complete) french manual for the N-VM.

I have a 1995 german manual in two parts if that can be of some interest for you. Not sure the copy is complete, and quality could be better.

Still, better than nothing ?

I also have a much better (and probably complete) french manual for the N-VM.
The Belgium guy mentioned 1995 in his post from years ago....is yours probably the same manual he received ?

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v.../schaublin-manuals-available-download-130682/

Of course his link is dead now.

Regardless, yes, German would be better than nothing... if you have it in email forum, please send to me at [email protected]

Thanks !

I just sent you the files via wetransfer.
Just let me know if you want the N-VM manual too.

I just sent you the files via wetransfer.
Just let me know if you want the N-VM manual too.
Not got it yet... you did use 3 "n" on the end of word, procyonnn, right ? Sure, send the N-VM manual too... I've always been curious how they got 5 feed speeds by turning a knob, but one apparently has to change gears by hand for any threading choices.

Yeah

I used copy/paste for your adress, so no mistake possible on my side ;-)
I send you the 102 N-VM manual right away.

Let me know if you don't get it.

Yeah

I used copy/paste for your adress, so no mistake possible on my side ;-)
I send you the 102 N-VM manual right away.

Let me know if you don't get it.
Ok, got them now...thanks T. Do you happen to know the proceedure for changing the spindle belt ? Seems like spindle removal would be the only way to do it....

(for anyone reading this temped to suggest I splice a flat belt...this is a Reeves drive vari speed type belt, not a flat belt)

You'll have to remove the spindle. I can't see no other way to perform the operation.

You'll have to remove the spindle. I can't see no other way to perform the operation.
Assuming you can read German, can you tell if anywhere in the manual you just sent does it specifically address removing the spindle proceedure for belt change ?

Schaublin 102N - part2 p9 (that is page 9 of the pdf document) :

"Zum auswechseln des Riemens ist jedoch der Spindelstock auszubauen".

In clear : no shortcuts on your way to a new belt...

The removing procedure for the spindle is described in Schaublin 102N - part1, p13 to 15.

From what I read, the procedure is totally straightforward. Only the setting of the bearings need a little care when putting it all back together.
You are supposed to tighten the adjusting ring until you take up all the play, and then unscrew the said ring 5,4° (or 2,92mm measured on the ring).

Should result in the required 15/1000 mm axial play on the bearings.

Re the 102N brochure... it didn't really sink in just how huge that is until I started printing it out. 120 pages !! Sheesh, those guys were worse than Deckel in offering a gazillon different options and accessories...and all that just for the 102 machines.

I talked to a guy yesterday who worked for Schaublin for eight years and he has never seen the mythical 2 speed starwheel tailstock for the 102, in the wild. Even the 1 speed one is pretty rare as apparently more Schaublinites in production situations went with the lever type.

Hey Guys I've just bought a 102N-VM this weekend, been stored in coldstorage for a while so its started rusting so i will have to take it apart and restore it. If any of you still have a pdf manual I would be really thankfull if you could send me a copy!

I plan to make some sort of video diary of at least taking it apart, since there are so little easy accessible info out there.

Back