What's new
What's new

AI Hembrug DR133

The AI Hembrug DR1 and the Ergonomic (with the tilted bedways) I have seen here before And the users valued them greatly
The successor of the DR1 the DR133 I never saw it posted here however
At the moment I have a fine example of one so I thought I share it with you guys
It has a more modern design and a bigger hole through spindle of 37mm
Technicly it is very simular to the DR1
Wadde you experts think of it??

Cutout 4.jpg Cutout 5.jpg DSC00733.jpgDSC00736.jpg

Peter, shortly after I bought my DR-1M I found a -133 for sale locally. It was missing its leadscrew tumbler gear mechanism (not just the fibre gears), but was still an attractive machine that I almost purchased.

I thought it was a squared off DR-1, but the refinements were obvious once I saw the machine in person.

I still like the looks (and elegance) of the earlier lathes.

Greg

Greetings David...

In fact I did buy a couple of sets of those gears from Jon after last year's scrapefest. They are a nice product-well made at a bargain price.

That -133 that I saw last year had obviously stripped the gears, had the assembly removed and lost. I'm told that it is different from the Dr-1 mechanism.

As delightful as I find the Hembrug I am still charmed by Mike's 608 for its combination of utility and gratuitous beauty.

Greetings David...

In fact I did buy a couple of sets of those gears from Jon after last year's scrapefest. They are a nice product-well made at a bargain price.

That -133 that I saw last year had obviously stripped the gears, had the assembly removed and lost. I'm told that it is different from the Dr-1 mechanism.

As delightful as I find the Hembrug I am still charmed by Mike's 608 for its combination of utility and gratuitous beauty.

The break gears of a DR133 are different for sure
Smaller pitch and 2 different nr of teeth while the DR1 has 2 the same gears

Viilari
I have no idea how many lathes Hembrug manufactured
Over here they are very commen

Peter from Holland

That lookes like a plain-back grip-tru chuck bolted to a camlock back plate. The grip-tru body is deeper than average and the backplate looks quite chunky.
Yep, got it in one, looks weird on that size lathe.

Hmmm, doesn't appear there's any deals there even with a couple of days to go. The cute little SIP thing would look good on the mantlepiece though.

Back