What's new
What's new

All what you ever wanted to know about the Schaublin 102N-VM

TNB

Stainless
You'll discover in that thread.

It's in french, but the pictures will speak for themselves, and the author speaks a perfectly fluent english, should you want to contact him (not to mention he's a PM member even if more of a lurker so far ! ;).

I thought it may be interesting for 102N-VM owners and if you make sure to browse past the first pages of cleaning/assessing, you'll be impressed with the level of care and detail put in the restoration.

That is a nice machine.There is also a thread about a Hispano mill , I use the browser to translate it. Does not work perfectly but give some idea what the author is writing.

Can any of you explain to me why so many of these do not have the variable speed spindle option ? Was it price related or the step pulley system perhaps smoother running...or ?

Man, what a project his machine was.... I replaced the spindle bearings in mine but that's all it needed....was surprisingly easy to do....and found NOS same ABEC grade bearings cheap on eBay. Originals were probably ok but I thought a bit noisy at higher speeds....so quiet now, glad I changed them out.

Was lucky to find the newer "N" style star wheel tailstock on Muller's 'tooling' website for reasonable price.

102N-VM.jpg

Back