What's new
What's new

bit of a dope cazeneuve

stuarth44

Plastic
I lugged a hb575 from Sydney Australia to Buderim Queensland 1241 km each way, that is 720 miles each way behind my Discover4
I suffered a stroke nearly 4 years back and do not think clearly, i paid 14k, for a 1975 model
can anyone assist, the saddle locks were functioning, now they do not lock
I run all my stuff through Lincoln Vantage 400 welder/genset. no 3ph
be glad off help, thanks

I lugged a hb575 from Sydney Australia to Buderim Queensland 1241 km each way, that is 720 miles each way behind my Discover4
I suffered a stroke nearly 4 years back and do not think clearly, i paid 14k, for a 1975 model
can anyone assist, the saddle locks were functioning, now they do not lock
I run all my stuff through Lincoln Vantage 400 welder/genset. no 3ph
be glad off help, thanks

You should probably go into Politics, then. At least you have a REASON.

As to the HB? Grand lathes, 14 large is probably not all that bad, given downunder can be a bit short-rationed as to finding high-grade used manual machine-tools.

That said? Based on my HBX-360-BC, two generations of Henri Bruet may have each been certifiable geniuses for all the patents they accumulated.

But .... also more than just a touch strange in their way of dealing with mechanical challenges.

Can you enlist a young, bright, curious, and LOCAL, up-and-comer who is hungry for a chance to share in the use of your fine lathe?

There's a LOT of reading and remembering to do as well as hands on "I get it, now" work to be done.

Ex: The many and several patents were also filed with the USA. In English. With very GOOD write-ups and drawings. Google finds those off a search on: "Henri Rene Bruet" if not Cazeneuve.

You should probably go into Politics, then. At least you have a REASON.

As to the HB? Grand lathes, 14 large is probably not all that bad, given downunder can be a bit short-rationed as to finding high-grade used manual machine-tools.

That said? Based on my HBX-360-BC, two generations of Henri Bruet may have each been certifiable geniuses for all the patents they accumulated.

But .... also more than just a touch strange in their way of dealing with mechanical challenges.

Can you enlist a young, bright, curious, and LOCAL, up-and-comer who is hungry for a chance to share in the use of your fine lathe?

There's a LOT of reading and remembering to do as well as hands on "I get it, now" work to be done.

Ex: The many and several patents were also filed with the USA. In English. With very GOOD write-ups and drawings. Google finds those off a search on: "Henri Rene Bruet" if not Cazeneuve.

thankyou, it is as lathes UK say, very well thought out, especially the oiling.
Nothing much under Cazzes will try Henri, or practice my french n phone the factory
yeppers we are so limited down here in what we can buy.
good of you to reply

thankyou, it is as lathes UK say, very well thought out, especially the oiling.
Nothing much under Cazzes will try Henri, or practice my french n phone the factory
yeppers we are so limited down here in what we can buy.
good of you to reply

Soft spot for the Aus. Took R&R Potts Point, the "notorious" Texas Tavern, off RVN, 1968. As if the BEST parts of an earlier and more "direct" America had been preserved without as much gratuitous posturing and "Bu Ci.' Nice folks, IOW.

BTW: Aus dollar was worth US$ 1.26, that period. Been a while, yah?

Back to silly-villain life, metro DC, so off I go to the nearby Australian embassy to see about emigrating. Didn't NEED "Assisted passage". Never having been into drugs nor hooring, I'd saved rather a lot of money whilst in uniform.

Great folks, the Embassy staff. Gifted me several days old Aus newspapers the embassy got fresh each day by air. So I doos my research. Lots of books and such.

At the time, Aus had the highest statistical percentage of homosexuality of any nation reporting.

Well. Maybe. Or maybe they just didn't give a damn about hiding such proclivities, 'coz I don't think it was ever true, then or now.

Not that I CARED. God ever made anything more attractive than a healthy woman with an appetite, she kept it for her OWN amusement!

:)

The killer? Aus was also the most heavily UNIONIZED of reporting countries. And THAT statistic WAS accurate. Most of my family were Union, one or another. I had been United Steelworkers card-carrier.

But I had also already learnt how b****y POLARIZING and destructive of decent government Unions cannot avoid being. Fox and the scorpion thing. It's just their nature.

Gave emigration a miss.

Dunno if I am the better for it 50-plus years on.

But Aus surely is!

Self-sufficent wherever it is possible, or even when NOT possible, they've no need of importing professional arseholes.

Grow enough of their own, y'see.

I DID say "self sufficient", yah?

:D

"can anyone assist, the saddle locks were functioning, now they do not lock"

This knob adjusts the tension on the feed.Sorry grabbed a pic from old stock to work with and added the red letters

Clockwise tightens/more tension /pressure needed to stop during the cut under power feed.
Fully tightened it can move an adjustable stop that shouldn't move.

During a cut that causes vibration(interrupted cut) mine has loosened to the point I thought the lathe had a massive failure.
Try snugging it up a bit

Attachments

• caz575 2.jpg
    caz575 2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 99

This knob adjusts the tension on the feed.Sorry grabbed a pic from old stock to work with and added the red letters
Picked the wrong pic under edit
Clockwise tightens/more tension /pressure needed to stop during the cut under power feed.

During a cut that causes vibration(interrupted cut) mine has loosened to the point I thought the lathe had a massive failure.
Try snugging it up a bit

No help, here. HBX-360 with B apron, former Caze tracer, doesn't even resemble the HB-500 shown.

Might do a google, see if Bruet filed a patent. His US filings have uncommonly good drawings and English-language explanations. "American" English.. I'd expect "cross" (slide) lock and "carriage lock", for example, not "saddle" anything. It ain't the part as moves, relative-to, etc.

:)

sorry meant apron clamps, pincers en francais. they clamp anti clock but they are disconnected somehow as i slide one out , the right hand one next to wheel, hadda take wheel off, drew it out, nothing broken of marked
as for Au, yes unions were shocking beyond belief, no power now though

Try snugging it up a bit
that knob on mine says normal and exceptional;, the manual has many exceptional drawing with part nos. but is short on what things do

"That knob on mine says normal and exceptional"
Yes, mine also
But when that knob is loose (CCW), the apron will not move

I believe the locks are adjustable, haven't had to do that to mine

Back