Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mrb View Post
    I'm about to order a set of caz wipers from a local supplier according to the drawings in this thread (thanks! very helpful). I'm based in the Netherlands, so if there's interest from people in NL or other EU countries I can up the quantity of the order and send them out to you. Price will be € 30,- or less for the whole set, depending on interest.
    Great, glad they are helpful! Being on the reasonable side of the pond you'll likely be able to find 8mm and 4mm thick felt! They continue to work fine on my machine. The big felt wiper on the transverse slide has expanded a bit as it's soaked up oil. If I had it to do over I might make it out of thinner felt (2mm?) and probably cut the top 1-2mm off it so it sits at/below the metal and rubber wipers there. Not a big deal though...

Good luck,
    -Tom

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tome9999 View Post
    Great, glad they are helpful! Being on the reasonable side of the pond you'll likely be able to find 8mm and 4mm thick felt! They continue to work fine on my machine. The big felt wiper on the transverse slide has expanded a bit as it's soaked up oil. If I had it to do over I might make it out of thinner felt (2mm?) and probably cut the top 1-2mm off it so it sits at/below the metal and rubber wipers there. Not a big deal though...

Good luck,
    -Tom
    The "big deal" - no matter even if they are cleverly laminated in different layers of material, felt, elastomer, wotever... all at far greater cost...

- seems to be to CHANGE the buggers more often than we have seen evidence of on the machines we acquire.

I don't think the lube polymerizes so much as contaminates make a "home" for biologicals.

Their dead cells and bacteria-poop eventually stiffen wipers to the point they neither pass lube nor retain it well and clear debris only barely.