What's new
What's new

Cazeneuve HB 500 Transmission Removal

Jarrod

Aluminum
Motor is pooched, need to take it for a rewind...
I know the shaft ends are both splined, but I haven't been successful in removing the transmission or brake units from the motor chassis.

Has anyone experienced this pleasure? What am I missing? I thought I might get lucky, remove the for screws and slide it off the spline, but no such luck.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Turns out it's two snap rings, but you need to take the pump cover off to reach the one on the end of the shaft. May even have to removed the pulley, to removed the pump cover... what a b!#$h!

You need to make a puller to get the brake hub off the end of the motor shaft, I made mine as a 2 piece unit, securing both halves together with M6 cap screws and the hub came off easily. I may have one spare puller now I think on. I can send you a picture of it to your email as I have never mastered putting photos on here.
Drop me a line at
[email protected]
I also have a copy manual if it is any good.
Once the hub is off, the gearbox comes off the other end if I remember correctly.

Just had a look at the manual. Unscrew the nut on the brake drum end, pull off the drum, undo the bolts between the motor and gearbox casing and the gearbox pulls away with the motor armature still in the gearbox. I remember doing it now!
I
Luckily it was only the 6 short motor wires which needed replacing on my motor as the insulation had broken down. Hope this helps.
Seems you are looking at the job from "the wrong end" as once the puller is made to fit the brake hub, the job is easy.

Back