What's new
What's new

Cazeneuve HB 575 230V Motor Wiring

crcarson26

Aluminum
Hey Guys,

I am looking for some information on how to wire the motor for 230 volt power. My machine is an HB 575 with the 12 HP motor.

Unfortunately the manual does not indicate proper motor connections for 230V vs. 460V.

Can someone please snap some photos of their connections at the motor for reference? Or if someone has a clear schematic that would be great as well.

Please Help!!

Cheers,
Carson

Mine is set up for the lower voltage(208 actual)

Unfortunately wire tag numbers are smeared but maybe this will show you what you need.

3 red coming from control enclosure going to lower block 1,2 & 3 legs
3 blue coming from control enclosure going to upper block 1,2 & 3 legs

wires coming from inside motor that are attached to upper and lower blocks not marked

Attachments

• 0810201212.jpg
    0810201212.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 51
Mine is set up for the lower voltage(208 actual)

Unfortunately wire tag numbers are smeared but maybe this will show you what you need.

3 red coming from control enclosure going to lower block 1,2 & 3 legs
3 blue coming from control enclosure going to upper block 1,2 & 3 legs

wires coming from inside motor that are attached to upper and lower blocks not marked

This is excellent, thanks Mike. Would you mind taking a photo of you control enclosure to show how your power is coming into the machine? I want to make sure my transformer is wired correctly as well.

Cheers,
Carson

Here's a pic of the connections to the machine.
L1,L2 & L3 connected at the bottom of the large fuses
Rotation could be corrected by a swap of 2 incoming feeds if when starting the spindle does not rotate in the expected direction.
I think the manuals I sent earlier this year have wiring schematics(but possibly very small)

Attachments

• 0817200945.jpg
    0817200945.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 34
If you take the pdf to a Fedex copy store they can print out a large format print version of the electrical.
May be easier to read than an 8-1/2 x 11 or pc screen

Well Guys.. After Many months of machining, welding, fabricating, wiring, troubleshooting, and every headache imaginable, I am happy to announce the Lathe works!!! :willy_nilly:

Thanks Much to all who pitched in to help and sent the much needed info that is hard to come by for these lathes.

Cheers,

Back