What's new
What's new

Cazeneuve HB 575 my first real lathe

mjk

Titanium
HB 575 loaded into my to be new shop yesterday.
I had been looking for a MS850 or a TOS SN.. but this lathe showed up on CL 50 miles north still under power.
Hadn't evan heard of a Cazeneuve before this but the more of what little I could find I was impressed and when I saw it, I just had to have it.
I had a rough January with a 6mm kidney stone and I think my wife felt sorry for me when I "suggested" I wanted the lathe.
With her blessing I made the seller an offer(more than I should) and he accepted(less than what I probably would have paid)
Rigging was more than expected but new shop is not an easy load in and they made it without a hitch.
The previous owner had had it since 1990 and from what I was told and the lathes appearance it led a very easy life in a maintenance shop.
The building was a 220000 sq ft warehouse for a company that went bankrupt in Dec 2014 and this was part of the liquidation.
Most of the parts repaired were rollers used in conveyor systems (dom steel tube facing and boring)
I had to act quick on the sale and for now its covered up as my new building is having some construction and electrical work done prior to moving in. Lathe will need a good cleaning and prior to covering it up I gave it a good spray of oil.
But here is a teaser pic before it was moved.
Came with 10" 3 jaw w/soft jaws(many) 12" 3 jaw on lathe, 20" ci face plate, 20" 4 jaw, factory steady, Aloris QC with a 12 holders, the factory hyd tracer (never used)(no pump) and a pallet of misc tooling
I thank Peter for pointing me in the direction of a manual , but with 4 years of French 40 years ago, its like looking at...French
I've been in contact with the US Cazeneuve rep via email and he told me a manual is available (in English)
He did mention the manuals were a fair resource but good for part numbers
Anyone seen what the English version of their manuals look like?
Are they worth the money to buy, or should I start taking French lessons?

Mike

Attachments

• DSC00628 full.jpg
    DSC00628 full.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,515
Hi MJK,

with a bit of common sense and translators you'll master the French writing. After all the English language has a lot of French influences.
Cazeneuve HB 575 : Tours - Usinages In this tread you can find a lot of info due to the good pictures and Google or Bing translator. also you can find more treads about the 575
in a former job I was working at a company, which made radar equipment for miliatary use we had the Monarch and the Cazeneuve lathes for the most accurate jobs.
I'm not familiar with the 575, but I believe you won't be disapointed. I ow a Cazeneuve HBX 360 BC, by the way.

Bertus

Bertus
Thanks for the link
The Google translator made for some humorous reading, but the pics are helpful.
I have at least 2 months before I'll power mine up at its new home.
Mike

Your current troubles!

Hi.
Ive had a 575 for 20 yrs now and thwy are great machines, though "quirky".
Dont know if you are up and running, but I have an English manual I can copy. You may be okay to run on a big convertor, I tried and it was okay on the lower speeds, up to 800, but struggled to start up after that. It is equipped with a star/delta start with a pnuematic timer swith to change. This is adjustable. The spindle noses and somewhere above the motor are notorious for oil leaks. Themanual states the correct oil must be used but my gauge was always in the red zone indicating a faulty pressure relief valve but I cant find it. I solved it by teeing off back to the resevoir to reduce pressure which works fine. PM me if you need the manual, though it is all a little "cluttered" to see the drawings clearly. =ch
I had been looking for a MS850 or a TOS SN.. but this lathe showed up on CL 50 miles north still under power.
Hadn't evan heard of a Cazeneuve before this but the more of what little I could find I was impressed and when I saw it, I just had to have it.
I had a rough January with a 6mm kidney stone and I think my wife felt sorry for me when I "suggested" I wanted the lathe.
With her blessing I made the seller an offer(more than I should) and he accepted(less than what I probably would have paid)
Rigging was more than expected but new shop is not an easy load in and they made it without a hitch.
The previous owner had had it since 1990 and from what I was told and the lathes appearance it led a very easy life in a maintenance shop.
The building was a 220000 sq ft warehouse for a company that went bankrupt in Dec 2014 and this was part of the liquidation.
Most of the parts repaired were rollers used in conveyor systems (dom steel tube facing and boring)
I had to act quick on the sale and for now its covered up as my new building is having some construction and electrical work done prior to moving in. Lathe will need a good cleaning and prior to covering it up I gave it a good spray of oil.
Came with 10" 3 jaw w/soft jaws(many) 12" 3 jaw on lathe, 20" ci face plate, 20" 4 jaw, factory steady, Aloris QC with a 12 holders, the factory hyd tracer (never used)(no pump) and a pallet of misc tooling
I thank Peter for pointing me in the direction of a manual , but with 4 years of French 40 years ago, its like looking at...French
I've been in contact with the US Cazeneuve rep via email and he told me a manual is available (in English)

Mike

Casanueve HB575

Mike

Mike,

I will be purchasing the same lathe and would like to know a few things.What horsepower is the motor? Approximately how much does it weigh? Mine will have manuals included and, if they're in English, I'll be happy to send you a scan. Mine includes steady and follow rest, 3 jaw mounted and a spare four jaw. What is the spindle taper and the mount for the chuck? What is the tailstock taper? Are the ways cast iron or applied steel, like on an American? I'd appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks,
Greg

duo lingo free lessons, chrome browser
I posted before i need help with my 575x2000, badly , would appreciate it

Back