What's new
What's new

Cazeneuve HB 725 opinions

jz79

Stainless
Hello, a friend of mine is looking for a manual lathe with large spindle bore 70-100mm (3"-4") and small footprint, a bar is going to be fed through the head stock and basically tubes made from 50-60mm stock, 51-52mm spindle bores do not work, since sometimes the stock comes in 55-60mm range, also before anyone asks, the material he needs doesn't come in tube shape, and ordering them to be made in the amount he needs will not be economical

So after a bit of digging this lathe model, the HB 725, seems to fit the purpose, are there any users of these around here that could share their experience?

I have a HB575 which appears to share the same design ideas as the 725.
Well built lathe that I like more each time I use it
The manual for the 725 is the same as the 575
The only "drawback" is the propitiatory chuck mount that most of them have.
If the 725 your considering is already well tooled as far as chucks go, not a problem.
If you need an additional chuck, the mount could be expensive

I also have a HB575 , i have used it for many years and consider it to be up there with the rolls Royce of lathes . For those considering getting one , do it , you will never regret it , they are well built and highly accurate .

They are top quality lathes but it's a bit of a waste if all your pal is doing is " making tubes ". I would have though a biggish turret lathe would be a better bet apart from having a bigger footprint.

Regards Tyrone.

Back