What's new
What's new

Cazenuve HBX 360 VFD, using native controls

Patio

Plastic
Thought someone might like this, or could use it.

My Caz had a VFD installed in it by the PO and it was operated by buttons and a dial to run the spindle and hydraulic pumps. This a video I made about how I came up with the design to run the VFD using the native controls, ie the levers on the apron. The pumps and startup is still done with the buttons on the right end of the lathe backsplash.
I have been using this mechanism for many months now, It sure make running the lathe more comfortable.
This was done using Fusion 360.
Cazeneuve HBX360 Speed controls - YouTube

I just retired and hope to get more shop time and to make some more videos about the Cazenuve HBX360.

I bought this lathe from Bob Holland. He had set the VFD up when he installed it. It does have braking when stopping the lathe with the motion controls. It will coast to a stop if any of the E-stops are hit. I did not change the braking levels from where he had them set.

I am in the process of retiring. My brother is buying me out and I am moving thing to his shop. Once done I hope to spend more time in the shop. I will be installing a tracer to lathe. I have some info on change gears for the Caz HBX 360 that I received from John Parks (The U.S. Caz rep) as he retired. More to come as I can get to it.

Back