What's new
What's new

Din 8605

yzfr1pwr

Hot Rolled
Does any one have a copy or know the specs of DIN 8605. I am familiar with Schlesinger specs and have several copies of those. But not DIN.

I saw a couple sources online but they were shady and wanted too much money even if legit for one spec.

Does any one have a copy or know the specs of DIN 8605. I am familiar with Schlesinger specs and have several copies of those. But not DIN.

I saw a couple sources online but they were shady and wanted too much money even if legit for one spec.

Nobody that paid for those specks is going to give them to you. If you want a set your going to have to pay for them.
The only thing shady about them is they want to be paid for there work.

Techstreet is a good US source for standards from the US and around the world. You can sometimes find it a little cheaper, but they are convenient. DIN 8605 is $54.

I often find the European approach to standards frustrating, in that they split things into multiple parts, as opposed to the US approach, where you have fewer, larger standards. There are some completely useless 7 page EU welding standards that have 6 pages of titles, definitions, and references, and one page telling you to do it right. US standards tend to be larger and more comprehensive; also more expensive, but you only have to buy the one standard. The main exception to this, in my experience, is safety standards. The EU standards are often way better than the US standards. In the US, we have the OSHA code telling us 'make it safe.' In the EU, there are more prescriptive standards, which is often helpful.

Out of curiosity, why DIN 8605? There seem to be a plethora of machine testing standards: ISO, DIN, Schlessinger, etc. How did you pick DIN 8605?

DIN 8605 is the standard for smaller tool room lathes. most of these DIN (Deutsche Industrie Norm) standards come from Schlesinger, where ISO is the follow up of the DIN standards.

BR, Bertus

DIN 8605 is the standard for smaller tool room lathes. most of these DIN (Deutsche Industrie Norm) standards come from Schlesinger, where ISO is the follow up of the DIN standards.

BR, Bertus

So as I assumed DIN stole them from Schlesinger. So now who exactly deserves to get paid again????

I have a late and early edition of Schlesinger.

So if someone is 100% sure that DIN 8605 = a Schlesinger norm, that would be all I need to know.

I believe I read an old post by Arno that stated it fell between 2 Schlesinger norms. But I really need to be more exact than that.

I need to evaluate a lathe that is supposed to have been built to these standards.

The standard is only 7 pages, so realistically, there's probably only 2 or 3 pages of actual useful material in there. One option if you trust the vendor would be to ask them what the acceptance tests and criteria are. I would guess that if DIN 8605 is derived from Schlessinger, the tests will be pretty much the same, maybe with different acceptance values.

Hi,

I can't read the full content of the Peters CNC site. But generally MUeller Nick knows what he's talking about.
@YZF, do you still need the DIN 8605 Norm in full or can you work with the content of the Peters CNC Ecke.
A friend of mine over here his job is measuring consultant and we hired him for the FAT and SAT test of nearly every machining centre in our company.
If you still in need, I'll can ask him. there also in the posting of Ole Steen in the topic of the Cazeneuve HBX360 a link to the manual of Caz.
this contains also three pages how to measure a lathe.
Aside from the norm itself it is important to know which parts the customer wants to make. Because these parts can require locally tighter tolerances as the DIN 8605 shows.

regards. Bertus

Hi,
It would be nice to have another source of the specs to compare especially actual DIN prints. I got spec sheets from Boehringer and Weiler but they seem a little more like they could be internal acceptance standards while over all the machines are said to pass DIN 8605 or 8606.

I am also corresponding with Cazeneuve, but I get the feeling they put the thumb to nose at DIN. I have yet to hear what current acceptance standards they use. Probably something uniquely French and even more obscure.

Regards,Mike

Back