What's new
What's new

Whacheon WL-435 Brake pads automobile equivalents

JeffCsuy

Aluminum
I've seen lots of references to the brake pads on the Whacheon / Mori Seiki lathes being automobile pads but have never seen any references to exactly what pad they are. I took my old worn out ones to a good old school auto parts store and they matched them in the book to FMSI D51 pads. All of the specs, measurements, application, and interchange information for these pads is at this link:

FMSI D51 Brake Pad Set

I just got finished putting a pair of GDB535 pads (one of the interchange numbers) on my Whacheon WL-435 and they dropped right it.

These probably fit the Mori Seiki MS series lathes too. Hope this helps somebody else out.

Curiously, these aren't pads for a Datsun as was most often suspected. Datsun used pads of a very similar design, but were smaller.

Jeff

Thanks!
Should help me out! I just picked up a Webb/Whacheon WL-435. 17"Gx40"
I know this post is old, but I'm sure still valid.

I've seen lots of references to the brake pads on the Whacheon / Mori Seiki lathes being automobile pads but have never seen any references to exactly what pad they are. I took my old worn out ones to a good old school auto parts store and they matched them in the book to FMSI D51 pads. All of the specs, measurements, application, and interchange information for these pads is at this link:

FMSI D51 Brake Pad Set

I just got finished putting a pair of GDB535 pads (one of the interchange numbers) on my Whacheon WL-435 and they dropped right it.

These probably fit the Mori Seiki MS series lathes too. Hope this helps somebody else out.

Curiously, these aren't pads for a Datsun as was most often suspected. Datsun used pads of a very similar design, but were smaller.

Jeff

Back