What's new
What's new

F16 Collet Headstock (Schaublin TR_70)

cds

Plastic
I have just aquired a beautiful Schaublin TR_70 lathe. I know very little about these machines. The gentleman I purchased it from says that the headstock uses F16 collets. It has a quick-change closer on the headstock, but he says that I need a drawbar for it to be able to use the collets. Does anyone know where I might could get one of these made or maybe purchase a second-hand one? Also, with F16 type collets, do I have to use a automatic closer or can I use a manual drawbar? Thnaks for any information!
Chris S.

Congratulations on your Schaublin.

I have had a look in my (40 years old) catalog on the Schaublin 70. As far as I can see, the model 70 you have does only use the quick-change closer allready mentioned. If my interpretation of the illustrations is correct, the drawbar should be an integral part of the quick-change closer.

However if you need it (and someone posts me link to a faq telling me how) I shall be happy to post the illustrations from the catalog.

Last a small word of caution - the Schaublin uses a very thin spindle oil, and should be lubricated often, with small oil volumes.

Best regards

Back