What's new
What's new

Got my dream lathe

Plusminus

Aluminum
Hello all,

After quite some time searching for a Weiler Matador i finally found one.:D
It's built in 1990 and has some nice accessories too.

5c collets 50 pcs.
drillchuck
live and dead center
Camlock
protected driveplate for lathedog
3 jaw rohm
4 jaw
spindle protector
bed stop
multifix (Klopfer Germany)with 7 holders
coolant pump
waldman lamp

It's in great shape, according to the chips i found it was mainly used for brass, aluminium and plastics.

Didn't come with a manual though, just the electric scheme was there. Anybody has a link to an english one in pdf?

Have a question about the automatic bedstop. Is it supposed to disengage the handle for automatic feed, or does it just slip?
Have to wait for one more week before they get my 3 phase electrics done and can start making chips.

Also in the pics i'll attach, there is a fast drill lever. Does it need an other housing then the dial tailstock?

I'm back to some polishing and cleaning now. pff, a week is long with such a nice machine waiting for you.

3.jpgIMG_0221.jpgIMG_0222.jpgIMG_0223.jpgIMG_0224.jpg

Greetings, Peter

A new Mazak with live toys is also nice i guess. I'm a simple guy and very happy with my Weiler. I like to keep my dreams within reach.

Thanks for clarifying there's no disengagement, i can stop trying to let it disengage now :)

Jealous, wait till i tell you how much it costed me :)

Greetings, I'm back to cleaning now.

Wow.

It's a dream to find on in that condition - looking like new.

I once had a Weiler Primus in that condition. Unfortunately I had to sell it to make ends meet.

Now I have a Colchester Chipmaster and I'm not complaining. May you and your lathe have a long and happy life.

Cheers
Erik

Just down in the lab using the LZ330 Condor. A real dream of a machine. I can wish the paint on this one was as nice as that on your machine. The quality and utility speak for themselves.

Now the task of tooling up. A nice collet set (5C or ....?? I was just using the ER32 setup)

Such a smooth and handi machine. You are lucky indeed!

What! No feed kick out??? Trade it for a Condor! ;-)

Veele geluk Peter. Nice machine, mine is a Weiler Praktikant. Saddle stop will
result in shearpin shearing so I fabricated my own "kickout"
device that works very well for the saddle with exellent repeatability
Regards to all
Mike

Enjoying it very much. Can turn within 0,005 mm now. Finish is also great. Also bought a hardening oven and a universal grinder. What a great hobby metalworking is if you have some nice machines.
Also the German manufacturers of the oven and the grinder did send me a lot of info about the machines. nice!

Too bad you drove such a long distance for nothing, John.
Got another Weiler now? Or another make.

Always travelled long distances for my machines ... went to Eindhoven for a Schaublin 13 once ... that was a good find.

After past family issues lost my dream machine, a Hardinge HLV-H along with every accessory made!! among others and recently started again. Currently have a Boxford 280TR and Harrison 600 Mill.

Still miss my past machines but just happy to have what I've got

Regards

Back