What's new
What's new

Graziano 12S Foot Thread Size and Pitch?

ACHiPo

Aluminum
I'm trying to figure out mounting of the new-to-me 12S while I'm waiting for it to be delivered. What thread size and pitch are the adjustable feet on the Graziano 12S?

Hi,

I do not know. It was installed long before I started working at Rogat (my current employer).

I do not have any experience with that so I think any mounting pads will do fine.

The mounting pads are important if you level the machine properly.

BR,
Noam.

Italian curse, might see if the thing is a comfortable height first before getting too far ahead ordering feet!

For the putana here - not a 12S - it was a metric fine and 20mm on the adjustment screws. Knowing Graziano foundation recommendations don't change, no matter the weight of the machine, I can't see them changing that small detail between models.

It so happens I posted Sag 12 foot info a few years back for someone - I can't recall why or who...

So here are the pictures from then, may or may not be the same as the Sag 12S...M20 x 1.5mm.

Because my lathe is not bolted down, I made conical stubs to fit into the 12.9mm diameter bore of my adjusters, these sit in large countersinks on steel plates, glued to machinery mounting pads. So I can still use the adjustment for leveling.

FWIW, I checked my old Sag 14, it has M16 x 2.0mm, solid adjusters.

Sag 12 foot 01.jpg Sag 12 foot 02.jpg Sag 12 foot 03.jpg Sag 12 foot 04.jpg Sag 12 foot 05.jpg

Last edited:
Peter,
This is excellent information. Thanks.

I had the dealer measure the feet and he came up with 18mm. I was going to try to figure out mounting in parallel with delivery, but since the lathe should be here by Wed. and will arrive on 4x4 skids allowing me to move it around on black pipe, I'm just going to hold off until it gets here to be sure.

Evan

Italian curse, might see if the thing is a comfortable height first before getting too far ahead ordering feet!

For the putana here - not a 12S - it was a metric fine and 20mm on the adjustment screws. Knowing Graziano foundation recommendations don't change, no matter the weight of the machine, I can't see them changing that small detail between models.

Bill,
Thanks. Will hold off making a decision until it arrives.

Evan

My 12S arrived. The foot threads are M20x1.5. Sorry for the crappy photo--they look just like the Peter S's feet.
IMG_0294.jpg
The dealer was measuring the "feet", but the "feet" were actually 5/8" lag bolts screwed into the wooden block feet and slipped through the threaded feet of the lathe.

This is what I ended up doing for risers. The base is 3/16" thick 8" x 11" plate that can be placed on tar paper and bolted to the concrete. Thick-walled (3/8") 5" x 5" is welded to the base, and a 3/4" thick cap is welded to the tube. The cap is drilled and tapped for 1/2"-13 bolts, which fit through the lathe's threaded leveling feet.
IMG_0399.jpg

One of the leveling feet is chowdered beyond repair (it can only be unscrewed about 2 turns before hitting the deformed part). I'm going to cut off the deformed part, unscrew it and make a replacement for it.
IMG_0398.jpg

Thread file? Looks like just a burr on the end.

In an establishment last week that could have been Dickensian and must of been a hell of a depressing work space, a bit of natural light like you have, makes all the difference.

Back