What's new
What's new

Graziano 12S Stopped?

ACHiPo

Aluminum
I was running my 12S in back gear. My tach doesn't work, so I'm not sure of the RPM, but it didn't look fast enough so I increased it. Then everything got really quiet--the entire lathe shut down. I'm assuming I blew a fuse, but not sure where to look? Any suggestions of where to begin would be appreciated.

Hmm not sure if the 12s has the switch--think that's a 12 thing? And my lack of Italian schematic reading skills is why I'm tossing out the question. The operations manual is challenging enough, the schematics are baffling. :confused:

I know what you mean. If you're used to Brit and US wiring diagrams, Euro-style schematics can look a bit like hieroglyphics.

Did you check the thermal relays?

Fuses are in the electrical cabinet at the back
But probably your proximity switch for the lowest speed is not set properly and the"too far" mecanical endswitch is engaged
You need to reset it with the 3 puchbuttons inside the electrical cabinet
Instructions are in the manual and on a sticker at the back of the machine

If it is in fact this problem you have to pull out the gearbox and reeves drive and adjust the proximity swith
Very easy to do
I dit write about it in a previous post

Peter

Fuses are in the electrical cabinet at the back
But probably your proximity switch for the lowest speed is not set properly and the"too far" mecanical endswitch is engaged
You need to reset it with the 3 puchbuttons inside the electrical cabinet
Instructions are in the manual and on a sticker at the back of the machine

If it is in fact this problem you have to pull out the gearbox and reeves drive and adjust the proximity swith
Very easy to do
I dit write about it in a previous post

Peter

Peter,
You answered two questions in one post. I'd wondered what those push-buttons were--the way they are labeled I assumed they'd been installed by the previous owner (the PO also had a thermal starter added along with some other modifications). Fabulous--that makes perfect sense! I will try it this morning and let you know if it works.

Thank you!

Evan

Success! Amazing how I'd not seen the instructions for reset when they were disguised by other languages!

I ended up having to rig up a clamp on the "down" speed control to get the Reeves drive away from the upper proximity sensor, but I didn't need to pull the motor and transmission, so that's goodness!

Thanks again Peter!

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your lathe Evan.
I hope you get it worked out.
Jeff

Ha, success!
I was typing when you must have got her fixed. Very nice.

"Success! Amazing how I'd not seen the instructions for reset when they were disguised by other languages!"

Congrats, glad to hear.

Evan,
Now that all the excitement is over, why did it stop? Thermal switch?
Is the motor getting too hot?
If I missed something, I'm sorry.
Anytime a reset is needed it makes me question why??

Evan,
Now that all the excitement is over, why did it stop? Thermal switch?
Is the motor getting too hot?
If I missed something, I'm sorry.
Anytime a reset is needed it makes me question why??

Jeff,
Peter nailed it. The Reeves drive has limit switches that prevent excessively fast and slow speeds. My tach readout doesn't work, so I just judged speed by eye and exceeded the max speed in back gear which shut the lathe down. I had to reset the safety switch, but then, while it was overridden, kludge a Noga stand to press down on the switch to slow down the speed (move the pulley drive away from the limit).

Evan

Back