What's new
What's new

Graziano SAG 12 Literature

Peter S

Diamond
Yesterday I was getting ready to move my SAG 12 and found some forgotten "Delivery Cards" hiding in the cabinet. I suppose these would have been attached to the lathe when new?

Note the lifting instructions.

Could we keep this thread for SAG 12 literature?

I have never seen a brochure for a SAG 12, anyone able to oblige?

Cheers, Peter

SAG 12 delivery card Attention small.jpgSAG 12 delivery card lifting instructions small.jpgSAG 12 delivery card voltage small.jpgSAG 12 delivery cards small.jpg

Last edited:
I finally obtained a Sag 12 brochure, the first I have ever seen :cheers:.

It looks like an early model, note the small electrical control dashboard.

The feed lever housing on the apron is different to those I have seen and there is no carriage lock.

The transmission looks a bit different, for example there is no external oil pump/filter and pipework.

I suppose it is possible the illustrations are painted rather than photos? They have certainly been touched up by an artist. So perhaps they show the lathe before its final release?

I don't have access to a scanner at the moment, but I will eventually get higher resolution scans for anyone who wants them. I have higher resolution images from my camera in the meantime.

Send me an email or PM and please include your email address.

Sag 12 brochure 04.jpg Sag 12 brochure 03.jpg Sag 12 brochure cover.jpg Sag 12 brochure 02.jpg Sag 12 brochure 05.jpg

Here is a comparison between the brochure and my Sag 12 c.1974.

The transmission end face is removable and an external oil pump has been added:

Sag 12 brochure 07.jpgGraziano Sag 12 transmission c.1976 01.jpg

The feed lever housing is different and I can't see any carriage lock in the brochure.

Sag 12 brochure 11.jpgGraziano SAG 12 carriage 01.jpg

Thanks for the reply Peter. I actually have the original manual for the lathe, I just always thought it would be nice to see one of the original sales brochures.

Ted

I bought another Sag 12 brochure from the same seller as the above brochure, thinking it was an identical spare copy.

However I noticed the 2nd brochure was a slightly different size and on closer examination the main picture inside shows the lathe updated to the type most of us will know.

That is, the electrical control panel is now in its familiar cabinet, there is a carriage lock and the feed control lever on the apron is redesigned.

The bed can also be seen to be separate from the base, the earlier image has been painted over.

The other illustrations seem to be unchanged from the earlier brochure.

There are a few slight mods to the text.

Once again, I will get some scans at a later date (in lockdown at present, businesses are closed).

Sag 12 brochure #2 01.jpg Sag 12 brochure #2 02.jpg Sag 12 brochure #2 01aa.jpgSag 12 brochure #2 01b.jpg Sag 12 brochure #2 01c.jpg

Fantastic Peter, thank you. I just downloaded the .pdf Sag 12 manual and schematic (from the site you linked to above), and will print them out tomorrow.
I was relieved to see they're multi-lingual(!)

The new machine tags are cool - always a thrill to find things like that, like contents of a time capsule!

I notice the lifting instruction card shows two through-holes, for lifting bars, in the base casting. It looks like the holes disappeared on later versions of the lathe, along with other small changes(?)

While I'm at it(!) how can we acertain Sag 12 year of manufacture?

-thanks!
Shaggy

Last edited:

Back