Diamond
just pulled the trigger on a long-bed , three legged model
from 1974 .set up like this :

HEIDENREICH & HARBECK Centre Lathes - YouTube

i don't know what sort of DIN chuck mount it has, but i know
it is not D- , A-, L- series . it has a front -mount chuck
atop a bolt-on backplate. anyone care to chime in as to what
that might be?

also- it is wired for 360v @ 50 hz . again... anyone ever wired one of these for 220v/3phase or some derivative available in USA ? transformers?, VFD?

i don't mind spending a little money on it , i bought it for scrap price. it is in excellent condition- sitting inside
storage for 30 years.

not yet . i have the carriage removed . all the damage is to the apron, which i can't make sense of..
unbelievably complex- plus the shafts are bent and seized in place . there are no nuts and bolts inside-almost everything is fastened with blind taper pins
because i don't fully understand how it works in the first place . i have a photocopy of the operator
manual, in German ...which i don't speak. because it is a .jpg photo , and not a text file - translators
such as google do not work. i still would like an english operation manual, but what i really need are
parts and service documents. i've looked and searched for nearly 6 months for manuals for my
H-H-H VDF 430 , and they just don't exist in the USA,CANADA,UK.. i've even searched German sites , but
to no avail. a german service manual would help if it showed me where the fasteners are, had illustrations
of how to take the thing apart - some sectional views of how the triple concentric feed controls fit
together .

i can't use the earlier vdf 21-RO manuals -the apron is completely different . a later Boehringer vdf 640
would be sorta' close , but i can't find one of those either .

i did find a 220v to 380v 13kva 3ph transformer before some asshole crashed my machine . right now
i have a 7000-lb 18"x72" WOOD lathe.

00g0g_k4NpdbNOBRUz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00A0A_a9Nloai3YrTz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00R0R_9UgtclbRrGBz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

these pics are from before the "sure...i've moved many lathes" idiot crashed my apron into the mast of
a way too small forklift. even a marginally competent fool would have known to crank the carriage and
tailstock to the far end of the bed before they tried to pick it up.

Last edited:
i forgot to mention Gildemeister H-H-H v630 . they must've destroyed/lost/misplaced the documents in the mid
1970's during the demise of H&H's factory and the transition of their VDF designs to Boehringer and Gildemeister ?
sounds plausible...but why no docs for the newer mfg of the same basic design?

of course , it's easy to make shit up when you're frustrated...

Back