What's new
What's new

If anyone minds helping a Mac guy

r1656

Aluminum
I have a pic to post here but I dont think there is any way in hell i can do it from a mac Soooooooooo, Can anyone offer their email and ill send the pic to them to post for me in my name. Thanks
Russ

Russ,

You can do it from your Mac, but you will need a host for your picture. I'll be happy to put it up for you, just email it to me. Click on my mail icon for my address. Us Mac guys need all the help we can get.

Best,

Don.

I have a mac, and I post pictures all the time- I just read the instructions on the images and links page, set up a free account at photobucket, which took about 30 seconds, and then I can upload jpgs.
Its really easy.
You do need to be able to save your pics as suitable jpegs on your own computer- I use photoshop to do that, as it has a "save for web" option that does it all, but there are a lot of other photo processing programs that you can use.

I'm on a MAC..... here may be your problem.... follow the instructions under how to post a picture using photobucket..... however Photobucket WILL NOT upload with Safari or osX..... use your os9 "Internet Explorer" and it should work fine..... does for me.

I dont know about safari, but I am running OS X 10.2.6, with Internet Explorer 5.2, which is what came stock on the hard drive when I bought the computer from apple, and it uploads to Photobucket just fine, over a 56k modem, no less.

Posted on behalf of Russ (r1656):

Two years later wah lahhhhh...

Project complete, she's restored to factory specs (which wasn't hard because she was tight in the first place with little wear..........re wound clutches  re wound transformer cleaned contactors,  She still has plenty of years left in her.

Russ   r1656 

GrazSag12.jpg

Ross
The restoration took two years although it wasnt like it was worked on day in and day out. I did surface grind the slide and put 45 cuts on the trailing and leading edges to take out some minor dings.The Bondo took a lot of time and sometimes when it was painted more flaws showed up. Also, oil had penetrated the metal on the electrical cover and paint bubbled considerably. I,ve owned the lathe two years and it was built in 1968 I believe.I still need to tackle the chip pan if I want to get anal on it. She's a noisy beast due to the gearing. We took apart the contactor units and cleaned the silver contacts on both units and the pump blew the 1 amp overheat thermal fuse so we used an automotive glass fuse block and made another. Spare electrical parts are hard to find I've found and siemen's people look at you cross eyed when you try to get answers on how to upfrade the contactors to newer models. Fuji makes a similar contactor but it doesnt have the thermal override fuse. Matbe someone out there has an answer.
Russ

Back