What's new
What's new

Leinen MLZ4SK - Headstock removal

bpoweski75

Plastic
I've recently purchased a Leinen lathe and am in the process of stripping it down and doing a partial restore on it.

My understanding is that the headstock is held in place by two eccentric bolts and associated round t-slot bolts.

IMG_1442.jpg

The bolt closest two the spindle loosens nicely, however the opposite one seems to be very tight.

IMG_1438.jpg

I've rotated the bolt to the loosest position and tapped it with a deadblow hammer but have made no progress in sliding it off the ways.

I was hoping someone had relevant experience and/or thoughts on subject.

Manual

I have the manual for that machine and unfortunately there are no drawings of the headstock fastening arrangement

I've recently purchased a Leinen lathe and am in the process of stripping it down and doing a partial restore on it.

My understanding is that the headstock is held in place by two eccentric bolts and associated round t-slot bolts.

View attachment 281522

The bolt closest two the spindle loosens nicely, however the opposite one seems to be very tight.

View attachment 281523

I've rotated the bolt to the loosest position and tapped it with a deadblow hammer but have made no progress in sliding it off the ways.

I was hoping someone had relevant experience and/or thoughts on subject.

Back