What's new
What's new

Looking for operators manual or some help operating Voest DAT lathe

kilohertz

Aluminum
HI all,

As you may have seen in my other post, Lathesaurus Rex, I have acquired a Voest DATR-1.5 lathe and have it all cleaned, lubed and operating, but as this is my first lathe, and the service manual I have doesn't explain the operation well enough for me to figure out how to correctly operate this. My main concern is changing the longitudinal feed rate, I can't seem to slow it down enough to get a fine cut. Operating at a spindle speed of 975RPM, turning 1.25" aluminum. I have changed the star wheel from 1 to 11 and it still seems to be feeding too fast. Lever A is in position II. The external gears under the gear cover on the headstock are from top to bottom, 33, 57 and 66.

Any help, greatly appreciated. Is there an operators manual out there somewhere?

Cheers

As it doesn't appear that anyone has helped you on this, I'll try to. On my Best the finest cut is a result of A1 and C turned to the left on the mm. Oh, and the E lever on 1.

IMG_20181230_094744003.jpg
[/URL][/img]
This is for a DA250, but maybe it will help.

Excellent! Thank you! That chart is great. The lathe is in storage currently as we are in the middle of building our new shop, but when she is home in the new building, I will have to chart and info for it.

Thanks again!

Cheers

Back