What's new
What's new

Schaublin 102 rear spindle diameter

mihai_a380

Plastic
Hello,
Does anyone know what is the diameter of the rear part of the spindle for the Schaublin W20 headstock? (more exactly, the rear part of the spindle where accessories such as dividing atachment are mounted)
What about the W25?
I could not find such information online, and I do not have such a headstock to measure.

Best regards

My w20 spindle measures 1.142" or 29mm at the rear part of the headstock A Harbeggar headstock I have measures the same.

Are you sure about that? I have no W20 or W25 lathe headstock any more, but my W20 dividing head and corresponding draw bar have 23 mm diameter @rear, while the W25 draw bar (which I still have for my ex 125VM) has 28.99 mm as the diameter @rear of the spindle (for a 29 mm spindle).

Charles

Thank you all for the answers,

I was asking for the outside diameter of the rear of the spindle.

Charles, are you referring to the diameter of the draw bar (that goes inside the rear of the spindle) or the inside diameter of the dividing head that is to be mounted on the outside of the rear of the spindle?

The reason I am asking is that I have a gear that is to be mounted on the outside of the rear of the spindle and I do not know on what type of head stock it was used.

Best regards

Sorry, that was bad reading from my side as I did not realise you were asking for the outside diameters. So better scrap my reply.

Charles

Back