What's new
What's new

Need Flat drive belt for Swiss Sixis Machine, 18mm wide x 620mm long, 1.5 thick

We can buy belt a material from Habasit called machine tape MAT-5P. Their joining fee is high and we would like to make it in the shop to adjust the length.

Has anyone ever bonded this material without the expensive bonding tool?

Al Bino or McMaster might have what you need, depending on whether you need a functional belt or an exact match. I used a made-to-order flat belt from McMaster on my old Aciera F2. Monarch might have a source for flat belts, since they are used on the feed drive in 10EE lathes.

Most any supplier of Habasit stuff will join it for you. Had it done when I was based in Cincinnati, then the corner hardware store here in Switzerland (yes hardware stores here can be pretty awesome). A few bucks. Finally grabbed a used Habasit heater so I do them myself now. I'm pretty sure some places rent them for situations where it needs to be joined in place.

Edit- I see you're looking at a different product than the usual Habasit green-yellow machine belting. The regular stuff gets scarfed glued then put in a clamp heater. I might have some 18mm around here...

Back