What's new
What's new

Need to replace oil sensor in sag 12

r1656

Aluminum
below the belt drive at the base of the gear box there is an electric oil pressure sensor. Mine is shot. It screws in w/a 1/8 np fitting. Two wires feed the sensor dc voltage. Has anyone found a replacement for that low oil pressure sensor and can provide me with a place to get it and possible a part number?
Russ Mine keeps shutting down the run button and the lathe quits because its reading no pressure.

Hi Russ ,Sounds like a standard oil pressure switch would work ,Hobbs is the brand I have used in the past on diesel engines for oil pressure alarm and alternator exciters, used to get them at a good auto parts store. Probably normally open switch and closes with pressure, they come in different PSI, so you might want to put a gauge on it and see what kind of pressure is there. 1/8 inch pipe is pretty standard. If you can't find them easily I have a few laying around that I don't need and you are welcome to them but you need at least 4 or 6 # of psi to make them work. I am curious what kind of pressure is there. Jim

Jim
I believe they are set at 1 1/2 lbs. psi. However, that does'nt mean this one was correct. The adjustment screw was removed on this one. Go figuer (laughing Russ

You can get them from "SUCO", a german sensor company. You can find them on the web or you can call me to get more details. They have an office in the US. I just bought 3 for my SAG 210.

Regards

Rick Berner
248-342-1518 anytime cell

We replace our oil sensor on our SAG 12 with one from the auto parts store. Nothing fancy just a 3-5# rate. Has been working fine for a long time.

Back